Prologue

[Y/n]'s POV

Fighting. That's all I ever knew. I was always alone meaning I would always be targeted because demons would assume I was weak and couldn't fight but that's how it is in the demon realm. My mother died after giving birth to me and my father kick me out after i was old enough to survive on my own. Only the strong rise up and if lucky they get knowledge by the Demon King himself to work under him as a Ten Commandment which is what every demon dreamed of, but not me. I was offered a spot in the ten Commandments by Prince Zeldris the youngest son of the Demon king after the "trader" known as Prince Meliodas left the Commandments recently but i declined and surprisingly Prince Zeldris understood but told me I must leave the demon realm if I didn't join. I've always hated violence and only fought when necessary which is why I am leaving the demon realm because I managed to out run the goddess seal that was placed on the demon race and going to the human realm so I don't get caught up in the Holy war. When I finally reached the portal the person that was following me finally spoke up.

"Oi! Are you going to the human realm?" Spoke a voice behind me. I turn around to meet brown eyes that belong to a goddess with long brown hair that stopped at her waist and pale skin.

"I knew i was was being followed but I didn't think it would by some pretty little goddess and yes I'm going to the human realm so don't try to stop me because I wouldn't hesitate to kill you." I paused and reach to grab my sword.

"Why don't you just go back to your race and help your people win the Holy war? Why aren't you defending yourself either?" I asked glaring at the goddess before me as I point my sword towards her.

"To answer your questions I have no intentions of going back to my race and the reason why I am here is because I'm tried of this Holy war which has brought nothing but violence to all five of the races. I wish to live in a world without any fighting or violence. You just happened to be going in the same direction as me so I followed you-" she answered but was quickly cut off by you.

"So I could do all the fighting for you, huh? Your smart for a goddess but we both know you could have easily taken down any opponent on your own so why bother following me." The goddess smiled at me before answering.

"Because the two of us are similar. I can tell you don't like violence either. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't be here instead you'd side with your own race and help the Demon King in the Holy War. Plus you would have also killed me by now or at least try to."

"Your dodging the question. Why are you following me and what do you want?" I say losing my patient as I grip my sword tighter.

"I.. I want to be your friend-" the goddess answered but was cut off by my laughter.

"Haa ha ha your funy. Now tell me. Why would a goddess like you want to be friends with a demon like me?" I asked.

"We both left our homes because we didn't want to take part in the Holy war any longer. It shouldn't matter what race you are to be friends with a person and I can tell you've been through a lot on your own but now you wouldn't have to be alone any longer. I've never had a friendship before. All my time has been put in my training to protect the goddess race but I heard it's a beautiful thing." The goddess answered as she reached her hand over to you.

I don't answer but it's the truth. All my life my father has done nothing but train me as much as possible in hopes that I would become a Ten Commandment to serve the Demon King and protect the demon realm ,
never allowing me to interact with anyone because it would make me "weak". I've always been told "never trust anyone from the goddess race because one day they will betray you" but.. I don't think that's the case with the one before me. Should I trust her?

"H-how can I trust you? How do I know you wouldn't try to kill or betray me?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. The look in her eyes said it all. Every thing she said was the truth and that she wasn't lying.

"You don't, but when I say I won't I truly mean it and i know you cant just take my word for it so feel free to kill me if you truly don't trust me." She paused before she continued.

"My names Mckenzie. Whats yours?"

"[Y/n] just [Y/n]." I said as I take her hand into mine.

"Hmm.. I got it!" Kenzie said as the two of us walk through the portal to the human world .

"Got what?"

"A nickname for you. I'm gonna call you
[N/n]."

"Please don't."

"Nope~ to late [N/n] I'm gonna call you that from now on." She said with a smirk on her face.

"Ohh really? Then I'll just call you Kenzie~" I said trying to get her back.

"Oh okay." Kenzie answered with a smile on her face as the to of you stepped foot in the human realm.

"Wow, it's so pretty."

"It really is, besides the fact that there's a Holy war going on." I answer as I look at the flower garden around us where the portal from the demon realm has teleported us.

"Hey, so do you have a mate?" Kenzie asked you which made you freeze.

"Huh?" I asked to make sure I heard right.

"Well isn't "mate" the word demons use for there boyfriends or husbands?"

"Yes but why do you want to know?"

"Just curious. So~ have you ever had a mate" Kenzie asked again.

"N-no!" I blush before continuing. "I never had the time to have one and even if I did I wouldn't want one."

"Ohh~ and why's that?" Kenzie presses.

"Because in the end they'll leave you unless they're from the Demon race." I answer.

"Wait do you mean the rumors about demons sticking with one mate for the rest of there life's is actually true?"

"Yup and they'll do anything for them. From killing to dying for them and now that the demon race is sealed away there's no way I'm getting a mate and I'd rather die alone then have one that isn't a demon." I answer truthfully.

"Wow-" Kenzie started but was cut off.

"What about you? Gotta mate?"

"Nope and I don't want one either..Well what do you want to do first." Kenzie asked as she looks to you.

"Well it should be obvious... LET'S GO EAT HUMAN FOOD!!" I say as I run off.

"Oi get back here do you even know where you're going!?!" Kenzie yelled trying to catch up with you.

"Nope but I can smell something delicious coming form northwest so that's where I'm going."

"Heyy! At least wait for me." Kenzie says  behind you.

That's how I met Kenzie and ever since then the two of us have been traveling together and ended up becoming close friends. We did lots of things together and everything felt right with her. Our lives were perfect besides the fact that we had to move around lot due to the bandits targeting us but
after awhile our dream of the Holy war  ending became a reality which gave us hope and put us at ease but we both knew that nothing last forever and will one day come to an end.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
1342 words