Epilogue

Wave

"Sama ka na, dude"

"No," I turned his invitation down. "And besides, you can go there without me" I responded. Asher keeps on asking me to join him in the party for interns later, I'm not a party person and I don't like to be around so many people. Too noisy and it's tiresome to socialize.

"Let's go."

"Dude, teka lang ang ganda nang ulap oh. Picture-ran ko lang saglit ha" he reasoned out.

I didn't reply and shook my head. I kept on telling Asher that we should head back inside na but he kept on insisting to stay for a bit. I was holding my camera and took some pictures of the skies and sunset too.

We are now here in Odiongan Port, our ship ported because there were interns from this place. I'm not really familiar to this place, it's my first time to heard about this place. I just found out that my yaya is from here and we have a house here pala.

"Cy," Asher called me. "Ang ganda dito 'no? Parang ang tahimik lang, tapos ang fresh nang hangin. Parang paradise, ang daming puno tapos malinis 'yung dagat."

"Looks boring to me,"

"Boring naman lahat sa'yo 'e." he said and shook his head. "Pero alam mo may narinig ako na legend about sa mga tao sa lugar na 'to"

I raised my brow, "What?"

"Sabi kasi, madami daw magagandang chics dito" he looks excited. I rolled my eyes. I've never seen one.

"So?"

"Wala lang, share ko lang. And oo nga pala, ito 'yung legend na sinasabi ko" he said and look around to see if there is someone near us. "Sabi nila, ang mga lalaking taga Odiongan ghoster tapos ang mga babae naman dito..." he paused.

"What?"

"Mga babaeng taga Odiongan daw, takot sa commitment" he whispered.

I shook my head, "What a nonsense scuttlebutt."

"Hindi 'yon scuttlebutt 'no! Hindi 'yon chismis, true 'yon."

"Whatever,"

"Dude, look ang ganda no'n!" he excitedly exclaimed while pointing to the orangey skies. "Wait lang ha," he added and continued taking some photos. I stopped taking pictures when I heard someone's voice. I put my camera down.

"Opooo!" she shouted. "'Wag niyo ako masyado mamiss mga pathetic" and waved to some people. She walked pass through the terminal, she's smiling so bright. What a happy kid. My lips immediately formed a smile when her expression suddenly changed when she saw people gathering near the gangway. She looks cute.

"Cashcade Lyle Montage!" CD Mira shouted. She's performing rollcall for the interns. So that girl is an intern. I thought she's a passenger's kid, she looks like a kid because she's small.

"Cashcade Lyle Montage?! Wala?!"

"Here!" she shouted. So, her name is Cashcade, a beautiful name indeed. She was panting because she ran and now she looks like a tired chowchow. I watch her talk with some other interns while CD Mira is busy checking their attendance.

I held my camera and focused it on her, she's smiling brightly. I've never seen anyone smile that bright. I clicked the capture button for so many times and I don't know why I did that.

"Dude!"

I immediately turned my camera away from her and pretended that I was taking picture of the sea.