Fabricator (p-3)

"What?"

"Shit, I said that out loud, didn't I?"

Tony eyebrows furrowed as he heard nothing but silence after hearing the boys words. "What did you just say, kid?"
        Again there were moments of silence, until he heard FRIDAY's voice saying that the call had ended. Voices came from the room which he guessed belonged Peter and Kim, so he started listening in for the signal.

"Who's your favourite avenger, lovely?" Peter asked, almost immediately knowing what her response was going to be. She gave him a wide grin shouting "Spiderman!" Tony then knew it was the right time for him to come in.

He flew into the room gaining the little girls attention and with a fake hurt voice he says "I can't believe you chose someone who isn't even an avenger yet over Iron Man!" his theatrical-like tone suggesting it was just a silly act.

Peter smiled seeing the girl's face beam as she spotted Tony, running up to him and capturing the man in a tight hug which he obviously couldn't feel with the suit on.

"Petey! It's Iron man, can you see Petey? It's Iron man! Petey, this my present? Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" She babbles on, feeling all jittery and unable to stop moving around. Peter laughed at the excited girl telling her to calm down.

"Calm down? Petey, this is the best day of my life ever!" Tony's mask lifts up as he reveals the smug grin on his face, "So am I your favourite avenger?"

Peter laughed, knowing Tony wouldn't give it up until he knew that he was the favourite.

Hearing the noise, Tony looks up to peter for a second noticing the young boy's blood shot eyes and evident circles under his eyes suggesting his lack of sleep.

He guessed the red eyes were from crying, but when and why? Then Tony thought back to a few minutes ago when Peter mentioned murdering people, it was then he mouthed the words 'Our conversation is not over, understood?" to Peter.

-

"So, that was fun," Peter said to the man who was munching on a burger next to him.

After seeing Kim, Tony decided to get some food for both him and Peter but he rejected the offer saying that he had already eaten today. Obviously Tony knew it was a lie but decided not to question it for now, having more important matters to discuss.

"Yeah it was, but I only went with you to give you some time to think about how you're going to explain the last three months," Peter sighed at the man's words, knowing that he would have to talk about it sooner or later.

"Mr stark," he paused, thinking about his next words, "I'm sorry, I was just so scared after M-"

"May?"

"It was my fault, it's always been my fault. Even after I got these stupid powers, I haven't been able to save the people closest to me. What's the point of being the friendly neighbourhood spider-man, the hero of Queens if I can't even save my own family?"

"Pete-"

"I messed up so fucking badly, my peter parker luck strikes again," he says, laughing a little.

Tony hesitates for a second, before bringing the boy into a hug which Peter seems to accept. It only took a few seconds until he heard small sobs coming from the boys mouth, repeating "I'm sorry," over and over again.

"Hey, hey. None of that." Tony grabbed the boys chin so he could look him in the eyes, "Let me tell you something kid, I have won almost every battle I've been in but in a way, I've lost almost every battle i've been in as well."

He looked at the boy's eyes, seeing his bewildered expression and chuckled, "What I mean is, at least one person has died in every war i've fought in. I was in charge of saving them, and i failed. Having to live with that has been one of the hardest things i've had to face and still, thinking about all those people now just haunts me. But it only makes me realise, that's the worst part of being a superhero. You can't always save everyone, kid. No matter what you do, somebody will always get hurt."

Peter studies the man's face for a second before saying "I could've saved my parents, Ben, May and even Gwen, (I know she isn't part of the MCU Spider-man franchise but I thought it'd be fun to add her as a close friend of peters) it's harder to save the whole of New York when you have massive space ship aliens things trying to attack you. All I had to do was stop a gun shot," he shuddered at his own words and looked up to his mentor.

"Peter, you know there was nothing you could've done to avoid any of those things. It wasn't your fault because you tried your hardest to save them and that's all anyone expects from you."

Tony took the kid's hand and said "No matter what happens, I will always be here to support you. Your like my son peter and the last few months without you have been hell. Please, come home."

"Where is home, Mr Stark?"

Tony smiled at him and got his phone out, ringing someone. "Happy? Can you come to the burger shop and drive us back home?"

He huffed before saying, "No, but you'll never guess who it is."

"Fuck off," he muttered, "Just hurry up, it's freezing here. Yeah, I have the suit but my face is still cold!" Peter snickered at the man's childish behaviour.

"How did you survive three months with no food or shelter?"

"That's a story for another time, Mr Stark."

"No fun. You better not lie, kid. I know your tendencies of being a Fabricator of the most stupidest things."

"It wasn't that bad.."

"Wasn't that bad? You are insane!"

"Can we just go home, please?"

"I see Happy, come on kid. The car door is like the opening for a new chapter in your life!"

"Ok, calm down. No need to get so poetic." They laughed and headed into the car, in some ways, Tony was right.

Just after one night, Peter learnt that he could put the past behind him. It would obviously leave some scars but now, he has someone to guide him no matter the cost.

He wasn't going to be the Fabricator of his story anymore.