thirty three

it was the friday before christmas break, meaning everyone but jordan was ecstatic.

jordan was miserable. she didn't want to go home.

of course, she missed her parents somewhat but she had to get the dark mark, along with draco and probably blaise.

"jj, hey, note from cynthia." daphne whispered, passing a note from another slytherin.

"thanks." jordan whispered back, taking it and reading.

draco tried to look over her should, but jordan send him a glare. he glared back but let it go.

they were still rocky, draco trying to figure out her secrets and it was making her mad.

"piss off malfoy." she hissed, opening the note.

she quickly read the question, if they were having practice today, and wrote down the response. no.

the past few weeks, jackie and jordan lead the group, dodging umbridge and her little inquisitor squad.

jordan passed the note back and cynthia gave her a subtle nod.

"miss jones, is it too much to ask for you to pay attention in my class?" mcgonagall asked and jordan gave her professor a look.

"sorry minnie, i was just contemplating the best way to get rid of the pink puffball before we leave tomorrow." jordan said, making mcgonagalls mouth twitch up.

"yes well, perhaps you could do that some other time besides my class?" she asked, her eyes glimmering with humor.

jordan nodded, grinning as she turned back to her work.

"hey jones." draco whispered and she shot him a glare.

he kept pestering her until mcgonagall dismisses the class.

"hey jones!" draco yelled in the hallways after jordan as she ran through the halls.

"jones!" draco called, following after.

"piss off draco!" she yelled as she ran to the common room.

"i'm not going to be ignored!" draco yelled and she turned around.

"or what? you'll tell your father? ooo i'm so scared malfoy!" she tainted and he rolled his eyes.

she glared at him and he grabbed her hand, pulling her into a broom closet.

"what is going on?" draco asked once he slammed the door shut.

"wouldn't you like to know?" she hissed and they heard a click from outside and peeves poked his head through the door.

"you're welcome." he said with chaotic laughter.

"peeves. what did you do?" jordan asked sternly and he laughed.

"you both need this! thank me later!" he cackled, leaving.

"what does he mean?" draco asked but jordan just turned away, feeling dread as she recalled the legend of the only broom closet at hogwarts where no magic worked.

"please please please. not today peeves." jordan muttered as she tried all the unlocking charms she knew.

finally, she sat down and pulled out some homework.

"what are you doing?" draco asked and she rolled her eyes.

"what does it look like?" she shot and he frowned.

he sat across from her and sighed. "what is going on with you jordan? this isn't the you i met last year." he said and she looked up.

"let's see, where do we start?" she asked sarcastically. "maybe my best friend being dead, you being an insufferable prick, or going home tomorrow to know we're getting the dark mark and that there's nothing we can do to stop it."

she sighed, pulling a hand through her hair, draco watching her every move.

"draco, be honest. please." jordan said, and he nodded.

"of course."

she took a deep breath before talking. "do you really want to serve him? do you really want to follow that path?" she asked.

the blonde boy thought for a second before inhaling sharply. "it doesn't matter what i think jj, it's not my choice." he said cooly.

jordan just shook her head and scoffed, "of course."

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"draco, when have you ever done anything for yourself? something at didn't involve you father, or my father, or any man or woman?" jordan asked and he sighed, pulling out his sketchbook.

"look." he said, flipping through drawings of jordan, her expressions raging from glowering to a gleaming smile.

"what's this?" she asked, he expression and voice softening as she flip through the rest of his drawings.

"you. i did that for myself, my parents, your parents, they had nothing to me having feelings for you jordan." he said and jordan blushed slightly.

"stop. next year draco." jordan said and he sighed.

"you're still mine though. i swear if i see another boy even try i won't hesitate." draco told her, clenching his first.

"oh, so does that mean i can tell pansy to-" but before she could finish her sentence, the door was unlocked and thrown open by pansy and astoria.

"draco! i was so worried! you said to meet you in the library to study," pansy said, pausing to instinuate something, "so when you didn't show, astoria and i went looking and heard you both talking." pansy said, helping draco up.

draco and jordan looked at each other before jordan smiled sweetly at pansy.

"oh honey, i feel so bad for you." jordan said sweetly to pansy, putting a hand on her arm.

astoria let out a snicker before pansy shot her a look.

"and why's that jones?" pansy asked and jordan started to turn away.

she smirked, turning around to face the three, "i mean, you're going after a taken man pansy. that's very sad. why do you think we were in the broom cupboard?"

pansy and astoria's jaws dropped as jordan wiggled her fingers in a goodbye.

she ran to her dorm room and up to her packed bags, giggling as she fell on the bed.

the day came to a close and jordan fell asleep, getting the sleep she wouldn't at home.

"jordan love! wake up!" daphne sang in the morning, waking jordan up.

"no." she muttered, rolling over.

"yes! come on! up, let's go!" daphne laughed, finishing her packing.

jordan satu up and jackie laughed, tossing her a hair brush and some makeup.

"you need it." she laughed and jordan rolled her eyes.

"thanks." she said sarcastically and got out of bed, going to the bathroom to do her morning routine.

when she came out, daphne and jackie were destroying the room.

"guys!" jordan yelled and the two stopped and the girls heard a croak.

"it came from your trunk." daphne said to jackie and the two ran over to find a half melted choclate frog in between some of jackie's clothes.

"i'm going to kill them! do they know how expensive these are?" jackie shrieked and jordan was just confused.

"what happened?" she asked.

"our best friends, pansy and astoria."