fifty five

the day came that draco was finally going home.

it was after his birthday, right before jordans.

draco was so excited he could barely sleep. narcissa had to give him a sleeping draught.

they finally apparated back to malfoy manor the morning of the 10th, jordans birthday.

"mother, can i please go see jordan now." draco asked the second they got home and narcissa sighed.

she didn't want to deal with the complaining boy, but she also needed to keep him safe.

"not yet. we have a meeting with the dark lord, then you can go see her." narcissa told him and he sighed.

"but i can be there and back in half an hour!" draco complained, at least until narcissa gave him a look that said 'shut it'.

"go change and be back down here in twenty minutes. he will be arriving any minute now." she said and draco sighed, doing what he was told.

meanwhile, jordan was sitting in the garden, sipping tea and reading as jerald hosted diana over.

she was reading a new book, another french war novel about a woman and her efforts to infiltrate and deceive the opposing side. ultimately getting killed in the end.

it was a tragedy but jordan loved it.

"happy birthday jordan." diana said, coming out with jerald, holding a plate with a single cupcake on it.

jordan smiled gratefully at the woman and her father.

"thank you. i just hope this year is better than last." jordan joked, kissing diana's cheeks and hugging her father.

the two adults just laughed.

"so, what time are your friends coming over?" diana asked and jordan shrugged.

"i don't think they are. dracos still in italy, jackie's doing some modeling thing in america, daphnes probably on vacation in paris. and crabbe and goyle won't come near me unless draco or blaise is here." jordan explained and diana shook her head.

"that isn't very nice. perhaps blaise could come over?" she suggested and jerald nodded.

"i can go owl him now." he added.

jordan just smiled, "thank you both, but i'm perfectly okay. it's a gorgeous day out and this book is calling my name."

the two adults looked at each other before looking back at jordan.

"i'm fine! go enjoy each other's company. i'll be out here." jordan said, shooting them away.

diana and jerald were concerned for her, but followed her wishes anyways.

after another hour or so of reading, jordan finally decided to go inside and change.

she had sweated through her nice blouse, so she changed into a loose, silky button down.

those were her favorites to wear.

she tucked it into some loose blue jeans and clipped her hair back with a white butterfly clip, matching her shirt.

it was finally closer to dinner time and jordan wanted to walk into the village and eat there.

or, she could even ride a bike.

as she was deciding what to do, she walked down to her fathers office.

"i just don't know what to do di. i want to protect her but i don't want her going back to school." her father said, talking to diana about jordan.

"she's 17 jerry. she probably knows more spells and curses than we ever did. she's smart enough not to go looking for a fight, but rather help the cause. she will be fine." diana said, defending jordan.

jordan walked in just as a pause settled over them.

"i was thinking we could go to dinner tonight. or i could walk down to the village." she said and jerald immediately shook his head.

"no way. it's too dangerous, someone could say something." he said and diana gave him a look.

"jerald." she said sharply before looking at jordan. "what he means is, will it just be you? why don't you invite a friend? that way you can be sure to stay safe."

jordans eyes twinkled at diana as she was liking her more and more.

"yes, sure." jerald muttered and diana shook her head, letting out a laugh.

"she's 17, she can do magic outside of school now. let her live life jerry." diana said and jordan nodded.

"yeah jerry." she added and jerald gave the two a look.

just as jordan was about to leave, a house elf popped in and gave jerald a nod.

"oh, yes, before you go, i believe there's a present waiting for you by the stairs." jerald said and jordan gave diana a puzzling look.

diana was just as confused as jordan was, so the two, followed by jerald, hurried out to see what it was.

excited was bubbling in the pit of her stomach as she turned the corner to the stairs.

what she saw there made a big smile spread across her face.

"happy birthday jords." draco said, standing there with a bouquet of flowers and a small present in his other hand.

"oh my god!" jordan squealed, jumping into a hug, almost making him drop the flowers.

diana carefully took them and draco smiled at her thankful.

"how! i thought you were still in italy!" jordan laughed and draco shrugged.

"i needed to be here for you." he said and then looked at jerald who nodded.

"and i think we should go out tonight. come on." he said and jordan smiled, waving to the two adults before taking dracos arm and apparating.

when jordan finally opened her eyes, she found herself with draco at a cute, mediterranean, ocean side restaurant.

"oh, i love this!" jordan laughed, hugging draco tightly as they headed in.

the two talked and laughed, ignoring the feeling of the looming war for one night to celebrate their birthdays.

and the both couldn't be happier.