nine

christmas break was a couple days away, meaning shopping and stressing for most of the students at hogwarts.

but jordan, she was just trying to have a fun time without worrying about boys or her family.

unfortunately, her friends were making it hard not to worry about boys.

"jordan, have you been asked yet?" daphne asked one hogsmeade trip. the three girls were finally getting their christmas shopping done and picking up their dresses.

"nope, do i even want a date though? i would rather just go with you guys." she said and the two girls looked at each other before looking back at jordan.

"actually jj, blaise asked me and jackie's going with this girl from hufflepuff." daphne told her and she groaned, shifting her dress box and other bags so they were more comfortable.

"great, so i'm going to be the only one without a date at the ball." she complained, looking up at the snowy sky.

"maybe your gryffindor boy is going to ask you." jackie shrugged and daphne gave her a look jordan was oblivious to.

"i think he asked someone from his house." jordan told them with a sigh.

"well, there's always malfoy." daphne said and jordan just laughed.

she continued giggling until finally calming down, "i can't go with malfoy."

the girls looked at each other and shook their heads.

soon, they headed back to the castle to get ready for dinner.

"jonesie!" cedric called on the path back, causing jordan to groan and turn around.

"just because you didn't die at the dragons doesn't mean we're friends again." jordan called back making cedric smile.

"i missed you jj!" he laughed, running up and giving her a big hug, making her drop everything.

"you arse!" she laughed hugging him back, thankful for the warmth.

jackie and daphne looked at each other then back at the two.

"diggory." daphne said, getting their attention.

"hm?" he hummed, his eyebrows raising.

"say, do you have a date to the ball?" she asked and he inhaled.

"i do, i asked cho chang." he said with a nervous smile to the three slytherin girls.

jordan patted him on the back while jackie and daphne glared at him.

"why?" he asked and jordan sighed.

"they're trying to find me a date to the ball." jordan said while rolling her eyes.

"oh wait isn't-" but before cedric could finish his sentence, jackie socked him in the stomach.

"jackie!" jordan said, looking at her friend in confusion.

"anyways, so we should probably get back to the castle." daphne said, covering her giggles while cedric was trying to catch his breath.

"ye-yeah." he wheezed while his ravenclaw date came over with her friend.

"hey ced! hey jordan, daphne, jackie." she smiled, being her happy self while jordan waved at her.

daphne and jackie just looked at the two girls before helping jordan pick up her bags.

"see you guys later!" cho said, jordan smiling at her and cedric before leaving.

the girls hurried back to the castle just in time to put their new things in their dorm and hurrying down to the great hall.