twenty one

the end of summer break came sooner than jordan wanted, and things were still the same.

the looming depression of going back to hogwarts was evident as she was starting to miss her dead best friend even more.

"jordan, i'll be right back! i have a surprise for you!" her mother called the evening after they got back from diagon, leaving jordan on her own for a little bit.

this time, she spent packing her things as they were leaving tomorrow.

just as she put her books and bag on her clothes there was a knock on her door.

"jordan, come downstairs." bellatrix said, poking her head in to get jordan.

confused, she followed the crazy haired witch down to the grand hall, seeing a couple people she recognized, including lucius malfoy.

"jordan! my darling!" her dad said, stepping out and jordan smiled brightly, running over to hug him tightly.

"father! i missed you! does this mean you're free?" she asked pulling away and he nodded.

"yes, something like that." he grinned mysteriously but jordan didn't care, she was happy to have him home.

"i think this calls for a dinner!" aurelia said, clasping her hands together and jerald nodded, lucius patting him on the back.

"i'll get draco and narcissia, i'll also ask the zambinis." he said, apparating away.

"jordan, be a dear and go clean up. you're positively a mess." aurelia said and jordan rolled her eyes, trudging back upstairs while her parents embraced.

she took her time, changing into a black, knee length slip dress, throwing on her favorite pair of stilettos to match.

"miss jordan! miss aurelia has called for you!" holly squeaked and jordan sent her a smile.

"please inform her i'll be down in a second." jordan replied and holly nodded, popping away.

jordan put her hair into a low bun and put on her necklace from cedric then headed out, her face cold.

"jordan dear, you look ravishing!" jerald smiled at his daughter as she walked into the dining room where a long table filled with people sat.

"thank you father." she grinned, sitting down next to blaise and across from draco.

"evening boys." she said slyly and blaise grinned.

"evening jones." draco said, his face stone cold as everyone stood while the door opened again.

"jonesie, up." blaise whispered harshly, pulling her up while whispers died down.

jordan's jaw tightened as a man she grew up hearing legends about walked in the room.

"lord voldemort." jerald said with a smile to the man.

"ah jerald jones, it's been a while since i've had the pleasure." voldemort said to him with an eerie smile on his face, looking around at everyone before his eyes landed on jordan.

"miss jordan jones, i do not believe we have had the pleasure." he said, sitting down at the head making everyone else sit down.

"no sir, i don't believe we have." she said, her tone sharp as ice, making voldemort let out a humorless laugh.

draco kicked her shins from under the table and jordan snapped her icy cold glare at him.

"when will you be getting the dark mark miss jones?" voldemort asked and jordan raised her eyebrows.

"i apologize sir, but i am not suited to be a death eater, not like bellatrix or my father, i'm more suited to learn and then come to your side, or perhaps a double agent, like my professor." she explained, nodding to servus snape who was by her father.

voldemort sat still for a minute before having a glaring contest with the fifteen year old.

"very well then, but i do wish for you to get the mark before the end of the year, perhaps as a christmas present." he said and jordan glared, almost challenging the dark lord.

"fine." she rolled out coldly and she could see her mother and father let out breaths of relief.

dinner from then on went smoothly, draco, blaise, and jordan having quiet conversations until the dark lord stood up.

"this was a very good welcoming dinner, thank you aurelia and jerald, hopefully there will be more to come." he said and turned, walking out with his pathetic rat boy behind him.

"jordan i can't believe you did that." blaise said with a chuckle and she shrugged.

"i don't want the mark. he killed cedric and i want nothing to do with him." she muttered and draco scoffed.

"you're still on that jordan? that was months ago!" he said and jordan glared at him, making his expression soften.

"yes draco in fact i am." she said emotionless.

he just had a sad expression on his face, "i'm sorry, i didn't mean it like that." he said and jordan rolled her eyes, picking at the brownie dessert that was in front of her.

"well, i for one, am excited to go back tomorrow." blaise said, taking a sip of his wine.

draco rolled his eyes, " you're just excited to see daphne and snog her to death." he said and blaise blushed a little.

"not true! well, maybe a little true." he muttered the last part making jordan crack a smile.

"yeah well i bet mister draco here is excited to see his favorite slytherin. astoria." jordan joked and draco made like a gagging noise, making his parents give him looks.

jordan and blaise snickered at this and jordans parents looked over.

"i think it would be a nice night to go out into the back balcony, perhaps let the kids discuss by themselves." severus said, nodding to the giant back balcony leading down to the gardens.

"yes that would be ideal." lucius agreed, jerald nodding along.

the adults migrated to the balcony while draco, blaise, and jordan watched.

"are you guys ready to leave tomorrow?" jordan asked and the guys shrugged.

"i mean, it'll be nice to get back but i really like spending time at home and traveling but i also like being there." blaise told them, jordan nodding.

"well i don't want to see astoria."