Chapter 1

Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady
And as for me, ha you'll see

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want!" I sing enthusiastically as I jump up to stand on the coffee table in Alayna's living room

"So tell me what you want, what you really, really want!" She sings back to me, waving her arm around dramatically.

I bring the whisk in my hand, that still has batter on it from the brownies Alayna and I are making, up to act like a microphone. "I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want!"

Alayna somehow manages to reach down to pick up her yellow lab, Cookie, and carry him bridal style, swaying and looking down at him, as she continues the song. "So tell me what you want, what you really, really want!"

"I wanna!"

"I wanna!" Alayna and I start to switch off.

I jump off of the table, landing somewhat gracefully back onto the floor. "I wanna!"

"I wanna!"

"I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah!" We finish off in unison.

"Sing it, Cookie!" I cheer as I point the whisk in his direction.

On cue, Cookie looks up to the ceiling as he starts to howl to the tune of the song. I swear Cookie is a human trapped inside a dog's body. "Alayna, this dog belongs on America's Got Talent!" I exclaim as I listen in awe of how perfect Cookie's pitch is.

She soon places Cookie back down on the ground and looks at me with a 'duh' facial expression before we make our way back to the kitchen. "So, you ready for the wedding this weekend?" Alayna asks me as she sticks her finger in the bowl of brownie batter.

"Yeah, I mean, there isn't much I need to worry about. I'm the maid of honor so my dress was already chosen for me. All I have to do is show up." I shrug.

"And Eddie is going with you," Alayna trails off suggestively as she wiggles her brows.

I slap her hand away when she goes to dip her finger back into the batter for another taste. "Yes, he is. Two weeks at the beach will be good for us. I hope my family doesn't scare him off."

"Bitch, have you met your family?" She retorts with a confused look.

I roll my eyes and laugh as I start to pour the batter into the baking pan. "Yes, I've met them. But whenever they get crazy, at least I can just excuse myself to go spend time with my boyfriend."

"I still don't get why they need you two weeks before the wedding." She quips as she tries to sneak yet another taste of the brownie batter.

"Hey, I'm not going to question it! I get a free two week beach vacation!"

"You make a very, very good point." Alayna says as she points at me. "So, dump Eddie and bring me."

"Yeah? And what would you do with Cookie?" I ask as I look over at Cookie, who is currently sitting upright on the couch watching the television.