Chapter 15

I like that boom boom pow
Them chickens jackin' my style
They try to copy my swagger
I'm on that next shit now

I like that boom boom powThem chickens jackin' my styleThey try to copy my swaggerI'm on that next shit now

"So..." Audrey trails off suggestively as she drives us back from our final dress fitting before the wedding. I was kind of apprehensive about leaving Harry back at the house while the bridal party goes to make sure our dresses fit. But I assumed that it wouldn't be a long venture.

I'm sure Harry can hold his own for a little bit. Right? I mean, he is a grown man. He doesn't need a babysitter.

"So..." I quip in the same tone.

"So...how's Harry? I haven't really gotten the chance to talk to you about him much."

Oh shit. I was not prepared for this. I hope she doesn't ask any detailed questions. Harry and I should probably make sure our stories match up on some things. "He's great. I really like him."

"He's very different than what I expected." Audrey hums, keeping her eyes on the road.

I furrow my brows and turn to look at her. "How so?"

"Well, you're very extroverted and bold, Grayson."

"And?" I retort, not really understanding what she is getting at.

"Just don't overwhelm the poor guy. He seems very introverted. And I really like him and think that he is good for you. The way he looks at you shows me that he genuinely cares about you, a lot." Her words shock me, but I try to hide that from her. I don't want her getting any suspicions about Harry and I's relationship.

What does she mean how he looks at me?

"I'm just being honest with you because I love and care about you. And because this is part of my job as your big sister." She continues when I don't respond. "I have some friends like Harry, you know more quiet. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Frankly, I think someone like that is good for you and will balance you out a bit." Audrey rambles on. "But you know our family. Make sure you two get some alone time so that he has the opportunity to recharge, you know."

She then looks at me when she parks the car in front of the house we are staying at and nudges me a few time with her elbow. "Or just spend some alone time for other reasons." She teases and wiggles her brows at me.

"Jesus, Audrey." I huff and roll my eyes as I get out of the car. "I'm not trying to have that type of alone time when we are staying in a house filled with our family."

"Why not?" She retorts as we walk towards the front door of the house. "Davis and I have been." She says with a shrug, acting completely casual about what she just said.

"How d-you know what, I don't want to know." I wave off. Before we get to the door, I stop her and turn to look at her so she knows I'm serious in what I'm saying. "Thank you for the advice, Audrey. I know our family is a lot to handle. So thanks for reminding me to make sure Harry gets some relief. I forget that not everyone is used to our crazy asses."