Chapter 14

I'm a fool to want you
To want a love that can't be true

I'm a fool to want youTo want a love that can't be true

I'm four days into this trip with Grayson. And at this rate, she's gonna kill me. My damn anxiety riddled heart can't take this.

This morning she was laying on me when I was just in a towel. She was straddling me at one point and I could barely focus on what she was saying. I kept thinking about old men in speedos so the situation wouldn't turn from awkward to extremely embarrassing. Like, change my name and flee the country embarrassing. 

The whole situation was way too overwhelming for me. I basically ended up avoiding Grayson the rest of the day. I couldn't talk to her when I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that she was laying on me for so long this morning.

Thankfully, I have started up a friendship with Davis. So I spent some time with him and some of Grayson's other family members. They're all very nice people.

I hope they like me.

It has been, what I would describe as, a very american afternoon. Davis, Greg, Grayson's uncles, and I all had a beer in our hands while we grilled barbeque for lunch and talked about sports.

Good thing that Brandon is my best friend and love sports. Otherwise, I would have been totally lost in that entire conversation.

But by the time we all ate lunch, I still find myself drowning in my thoughts about this morning. And about this whole experience, if I'm being honest.

So, I decide to head back upstairs and call the only two people that know the full extent of this predicament I'm in.

"Oh look! The timid bird is alive!" Janet cheers when her and Brandon answer my facetime call.

I step out onto the balcony of Grayson and I's bedroom and shut the sliding glass doors behind me. "Barely." I quip and take a seat in one of the chairs next to the table out here.

"Come on, it can't be that bad." Brandon chimes and I see him scooting closer to Janet on the screen of my phone.

"Trust me, it's bad."

"Okay, let it out. Therapists Brandon and Janet are here." Janet says, giving me her full attention.

"Well," I trail off and run my fingers through my hair as I lean back in my seat. Where do I even start with how much I've embarrassed myself in the past three days?

"Day one I broke the ice machine at the bloody Ritz Carlton." I decide is a good place to start.

"Did you get caught?" Brandon asks, not even acknowledging the extent of the issue I find in what I just said.

"What? No. But-" I start to say but Brandon cuts me off.

"Not a problem then." He says simply. "If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?"