Chapter 28

I want you to want me
Why don't we rely on chemistry?
Why don't we collide the spaces that divide us?

I want you to want meWhy don't we rely on chemistry?Why don't we collide the spaces that divide us?

I'm nervous, but excited. Grayson and I are currently holding hands as I lead her up to the date thing that I have set up for her.

On my way to the store, after my conversation with Greg, I called Janet and asked her to come up with something to distract Grayson so that I can set the whole thing up. She was obviously more than willing to help me out.

I still think that Janet is a little bitter that she ultimately lost the fifty dollar bet on when Grayson and I would get together or whatever. She bet on the first week of the trip and Brandon bet on the second week, I recall. The first week has passed. So either Grayson and I get together still while on this trip and Brandon wins fifty bucks. Or, Grayson realizes that she actually doesn't like me and nobody wins the bet.

Frankly, I should probably bet on the latter. My mind I still posing so much doubt in the fact that Grayson could have any interest in me that isn't playtonic.

Anyway, after a good twenty minutes of walking aimlessly through the store, I finally came up with an idea for this date tonight. I of course got her flowers. But I also picked up just a few other things that I needed to bring my idea to life.

Hand in hand, I lead Grayson up to the third floor where our bedroom is. When we first got here last week, I noticed that on the balcony off of our bedroom, there is a spiral staircase that leads up to the roof of the beach house.

Given that by the time that I finished setting this all up, the sun should be starting to set, I thought that a great date idea would be to cuddle up and watch the sunset together.

The beach house is right on the ocean and I'm sure that watching the sunset against the ocean, especially from up here would be a beautiful view. Seeing the warm oranges and pinks reflecting on the rippling water sounds amazing. I've always been a sucker for a good view.

With the laying on the roof thing in mind, I bought a few big fluffy blankets to lay out on the flat rooftop area so that we have somewhere comfortable to lay. I also took the pillows from our bed to help make the space extra comfortable.

After the sun sets, I want the place to still be somewhat illuminated. So I bought some of those fairy lights that are battery powered so that I didn't have to worry about fiddling with an extension cord to get power up there.

Something that I have been working on for a short while now is a little song for Grayson. It's nothing big. I don't dabble much into music. But I do know my way around a sound board and how to code. So, I made her an instrumental version of Young, Wild & Free on my laptop, which I transfered over to my phone. I chose that song, not only because of her Snoop Dogg obsession, but also because it reminds me of the time when we danced on the kitchen island at that party. I felt so happy and carefree in that moment. And now that song always reminds me of that feeling. And of Grayson, of course.