I'm Leaving You Tonight

A/N: Could not think of a better title. Sorry.

Have fun, regardless! I didn't wait a month this time, YAY! xxx

--------------------------------------

When I came around, I instantly knew I landed on my damaged hip, for the pain was peircing. I silently cursed under my breath, my eyes still glued shut. I felt the cold, hard ground beneath me and I realised I wasn’t in my bed. I wasn’t in my room – I was somewhere else. My eyes shot open quickly and I realised where I was. Alfie’s kitchen. It came flooding back to me suddenly and I was feeling sick all over again. No, I thought to myself, why can’t it be a dream? Please god, let it be a dream.

“Grace?” someone was saying, a blurred figure standing over me. I wasn’t sure if it was Declan or Alfie at the time, and I only groaned in response, shutting my eyes again. The pain of my hip and the person pain was almost too much to take all at once. “Grace, are you okay? Dianne, get her some water...”

“My side,” I managed to force out. “Oh my God, I think it busted...”

“You just landed on it, that’s all,” Alfie’s voice said. I felt someone raise up my shirt a bit, and no doubt they saw the large purplish blue mark where the table had so cruelly jabbed me. There was a pause before someone else said, “Grace, where did you get this bruise?”

“Table... table caught my side,” I mumbled. I didn’t expect them to believe me, of course. That would be too easy to fit into my life, wouldn’t it? There was a loud uproar, and suddenly, Billie took the place of the table, and what turned out to be an innocent, clumsy accident was now a result of rape. I tried to deny it, but none of them were listening to me. I couldn’t even sit up. Yep, that’s definitely a busted hip. Anything else you want to throw in there, fate? Maybe throw in getting struck by lightening, that’ll be fun.

I knew, more than anyone, how much I hated Billie Joe Armstrong. More than anyone could hate anything, more than Hitler hated the Jews, maybe. Perhaps this was karma. I had wished all these horrible things on the person my mother was marrying and now that they were happening, I want to take it all back again in a haste, because I didn’t like the end result. That seemed to fit into my life perfectly. I wish for something and when it happens, I don’t want it anymore. I wanted many things to happen to Billie – but I would never have wished this on him. He was no rapist.

He was so nice to you, and now look at what you’ve done, the voice in the back of my head snapped impatiently at me. You’ve ruined everything. Your mom’s wedding, your mom’s happiness, Joey’s family life, Green Day’s career – you’ve ruined it all.

So much destruction should not come from one teenager outside of the movie Clockwork Orange. I was no destruction button, or not before Billie stepped into my life. I was quiet, innocent, completely hate free. And all because of one petty reason. Billie Joe made my mother happy, and I decided that wasn’t a good thing. He made her happy, she made him happy and I got angry because I wasn’t happy. Kage accepted it, Hollie accepted it, Joey accepted it, Jakob accepted it, Declan, Dianne, Alfie, Tracy – hell, even Fearghal accepted it better than I did.

“He didn’t do it, he didn’t,” I tried to protest, attempting to get up. Two people took my arms and helped me onto my feet. It was a struggle to stand.

“Call the ambulance,” Dianne ordered someone in the background. “She’s really damaged her side.”

“No, I don’t need a hospital,” I said, tearing up rapidly all of a sudden. “Take me home, I need to put this right! This isn’t true, he didn’t hurt me, he’d never hurt me!” My outburst was taken the wrong way. Of course.