Chapter 3 ~Alone*

Start from the beginning

She walked into her English class. Daniel wasn't in this class. She was glad she didn't have to see him. If she saw him she might lose it. She saw red whenever her thoughts started to drift to him. When she walked into the classroom all eyes were on her. No one's gaze was sympathetic. All of them have already decided.

It had to be her because she's a freak.

No one else would have the guts to do that to Daniel Scott so it had to be her.

Wendy could already piece together their thoughts about her. She took her seat in the front eagerly waiting for the teacher to get here and silence them. As she sat there with her eyes closed trying not to hear there nasty comments, she tried to remember how she became the freak. Wendy didn't know. She didn't know what action branded her. She didn't know what she had done wrong. Now whatever, breathing was wrong. Smiling at jokes she wasn't apart of was wrong. Hiding in her books was wrong. Getting good grades and answering easy questions her teacher threw at her was wrong. Everything was wrong. Now she was the book worm that looked at her shoes. This is what they did to her.

The ugly thoughts Wendy was thinking was fueling The Shadow's desire of misery. She was completely unaware of its presence inside her body. She was especially unaware of its master seeing through it. They both saw the anger radiating off her aura. The master finally saw exactly how she could be dangerous. The Shadow didn't even have to see it to know his master was smirking devilishly.

As Wendy was trying to pull it together, hell walked through the door. Hell as in Daniel Scott. That was Wendy's personal hell. He looked around the room and spotted her and smiled a small easy-going smile that, just yesterday, might have had her blushing. Now, she felt nauseous and the room started to spin a little. The class became silent as they looked between Daniel and then back at Wendy.

Wendy knew that if she looked at her shoes, she would give him power. Power he didn't deserve over her. She met his gaze with hard and unforgiving brown eyes. For an instant, he showed fear in his eyes.The next second they were cool and collected hoping that Wendy had not noticed. Unfortunately, for him, she was very observant. She almost smiled to know that she was being fear by the most popular boy in school. So much for his everlasting ego. He smiled and made a motion with his hand to follow him. When Wendy did not move he spoke to her.

"Wendy, I would like to apologize. It was unfair for me to blame you. I am very sorry that I embarrassed you. Please say you'll forgive me. We could even be friends?" Wendy wasn't surprised. She knew that she should have been. She needed to act surprised and accept his offer to redeem herself to her peers. She would have done that yesterday. She would have gracefully accepted and would have been thankful. That was before she had cried so hard in a pillow the night before. Before she had see Daniel Scott's true colors. Before she had utterly snapped.

"Thank you for believing me," She answered in a monotone voice as she tried not to bark at this guy again in front of her class. "I accept your apology, but I do not wish to be your friend." She said this as slowly as possible. She wanted to let the whole room hear her feelings. She wanted them to understand. No one crosses her and gets away with it.

It took the opposite effect.

"What a cold, self-centered bitch!" One if the girls, Wendy thought her name was Maggie, yelled over the hushed whispers. She was pretty. She had straight red hair with ice blue eyes. She had all the guys rapped around her finger. She had them all in her spiderweb. All except Daniel. Wendy knew she just wanted to steal him.

"Can't you see he's trying to be nice? He's doing what no one else would do, be your FRIEND!" Wendy didn't flinch like Maggie thought she would. She laughed. She laughed a dark humorous laugh. Wendy's classmates looked at her as if she lost it. She probably did.