Chapter 27 ~Revenge*

Wendy followed Syrena to the cliff sides. No words could describe how scared she was. She had broken her deal with her and it was only a matter of time before she figured it out. Syrena stopped when she got to the top. Wendy debated what to say to her.

"So Syrena, remember the deal we made, well I kind of can't kill him now. Why? Maybe because I accidently fell in love with him?" Wendy might as well of sighed her death sentence if she said that.

"Wendy...where is Pan exactly?" Syrena still had her back turned. She sounded calm....too calm. Wendy didn't know where to run. She was tired of running. For once, she wanted to finally fight her own battles.

"He went into the jungle looking for the person who killed Tink." She said easily. She stood there as Syrena turned around to face her with a smirk on her face. Wendy took her in again for the millionth time. She still was stunned to see her having legs. Syrena had told her that it's what happens when a mermaid comes out of water. She wore a knee-length black dress that looked sinister even from a distance.

Syrena smiled at her, "Well I guess we have to lure him out. It's time to play." She materialized a dagger into her palm. She was magic, after all. She slowly walked toward Wendy.

"Syrena, don't do this. You don't have to do this." Wendy said with a chocked voice. It wasn't intimidating at all. She knew she had lost.

"I'm sorry, Wendy, but I have to do this. Getting rid of Pan's one love is exactly the revenge I want. The only revenge that could ever come close to avenging my Phillip."

Wendy should have ran right then and there, but something made her freeze. Anger boiled up into her chest. She was never going to tell her who killed Tinkerbell. She was always going to use her as bait. Bait to tear Pan's heart out, and then only way that was going to work was with her death.

The rage was uncontrollable. Wendy lunged at her and appreciated the look of astonishment on  Syrena's face. She want for her hair, pulling her roughly to the right. A wild scream of agony and hate arose from Syrena's throat. She started dragging her by the hair to the edge of the cliff. She knew that, unprepared, Syrena didn't have a chance at surviving the fall. Wendy hoped she wouldn't survive.

Syrena had other ideas. She wielded her dagger and started swinging it blindly in hope of catching Wendy, but missed every time. Finally, Syrena had had it. She sensed where Wendy was taking her and found her escape. She slashed the dagger once more, but to her own hair. Wendy fell backwards, almost off the cliff, with limp hair in her hands. And then she was looking into the evil sneer of the beautiful mermaid.

There was no where to run. No where to hide. A scream full of pain escaped Wendy's throat when Syrena brought the dagger down. It punctured her thigh. Syrena wanted this to be painful.

"COME ON OUT, PAN!" She yelled into the darkness of the jungle. "BEFORE YOUR WENDY BIRD BECOMES NO MORE."

~~~~~~~~

Everyone on the island heard it. Even on the total opposite side. Pan heard it miles away from her. Wendy's echoing scream rapped itself around every inch of Neverland. Pan took off. The Lost Boys, for once did not question him like they did whenever he rushed to Wendy's side. The ran behind him drawing their weapons.

He felt like he was the slowest creature on Earth. He was running at his all time top speed, but he feared it wasn't fast enough. The sound wasn't coming from the camp. He knew it had taken her somewhere else. The sound was coming from the cliffs. He stopped and the Lost Boys slowed.

"Go find Rudolph, I can handle this alone." He snarled and took off again. The Lost Boys ran into the opposite direction towards the camp. Pan pictured what he would do to it if it had laid a hand on his Wendy. He would kill them in the most torturous way.