Chapter 31 ~Mistakes*

Tinkerbell had made so many mistakes in her life. She thought about them now, wondering if her mistakes were too terrible to be forgiven.

What if the mistakes she had made was the reason she was in this horrible situation.

She had heard the crying from her place in the sky. Remembered her duties the Blue Fairy had given her. It was her right to help anyone in need.

Yet, she was punished.

So what if she was the Evil Queen? She was a person. Regina was just like every other woman. She had been forced into a marriage that her heart was not in for. She did not love the man she was married to.

What was so wrong about finding her true love?

Tink remembered that night. The night that changed everything.

Tink had watched in horror as the Queen had accidentally fallen from her balcony. She couldn't watch her die. She had to save her. Tink soared as fast as she could towards the Queen. She thought she wasn't going to make it, but that fear only pushed her to fly faster. Tinkerbell grabbed her just in time before the Queen was lost forever.

"Put me down! What are you doing?" The Queen's voice shook with fear. She had believed that it was the end for her.

"Giving you a second chance." Tinkerbell said easily as she lowered the Queen down to the floor of her bedroom.

"Who are you?" She asked in wonder, no doubt seeing her green outfit and shiny wings.

"I'm Tinkerbell, and you?"

"Regina."

Tink remembered that satisfied feeling she had felt. One in which she was finally able to obey Blue Fairy's orders while making a friend all at the same time. Tink should have known it wasn't that easy. She was a very foolish fairy. She believed in people too easily. She never imagined that one day the price for her small careless mistakes could be so huge. How much pain was one person able to take before they break?

Tink remembered Regina's story. How Regina had been forced into marrying into royalty by her awful mother Cora. Cora had ripped out the heart of the man Regina had loved most in the world. And one little girl had made the mistake of telling Cora about him. Regina's own step daughter.

"Snow White?" Tink asked in disbelief. "That's her name? Even I think that's a bit precious, and mine is Tinkerbell!"

"She's a monster. Totally indulgent and adored. She sort of ricochets through life telling secrets. She had my fiancé killed."

Tink gasped, "No."

Regina continued to pace around her bed chamber. "The only way I can get through it is when she and the king are gone all the time."

"You're glad your husband is gone?" Tinkerbell asked confused.

"It's not a marriage," Regina exclaimed throwing her hands in the air. "It's a farce. I may be the Queen, but alone in this palace I feel like the queen of nothing."

Regina's story called out to Tink. Her sadness made her think of the nights she had felt alone at the fairy huts. She screwed up every simple task Blue Fairy had ever given to her. The other fairies had whispered all around that befriending her would be bad luck. Tink related well with Regina.

"No wonder you jumped." Tink murmured soberly. Regina's head snapped up.

"I didn't jump. I fell." She spoke to her sharply, yet Tink could totally see the pale blush from underneath her olive skin.