Chapter 5: We're Done!

*3rd Person POV*

2 Days Later

After dismounting his horse, Elliot looks up at the familiar St Mary's hospital. The shine from the moonlight gave it a haunting yet beautiful look. Elliot stared at it as he decided whether he wanted to go in or not.

A part of him didn't want to and just go back to Jackson to continue his life. But the other part of him just couldn't let go of this nagging feeling that something wasn't right. He had an odd feeling that Joel and (y/n) were lying about what happened here but he'd normally would push the thought off to the side.

​​​They'll come around and tell me when they're ready. He always thought but neither of them brought it up and it was starting to bug him. He thought he could let it go, he wanted to let it go, but he simply couldn't.

As he stared at the building, he started to feel anxious and scared. He didn't know what lied before him in this hospital, he just knew that the story they told him didn't make any sense and he had so many questions. And the answers were right there in front of him.

I have to know. He thought as he stares at the large building, his hand shaking, whether from excitement or anxiety he wasn't for sure. He sighs, heavily, and makes his way towards the hospital.

As he explores, he noticed that some parts of the wall and floor had dried blood splatters. Wonder how long those had been there? He thought as he made his way to the top floor. "Hello?" He called out but there was no one here. He sighed once again and made it through the door, where there was a sign that said Pediactrics and an arrow pointing at it.

He goes into one room on the right and found it full of boxes with stuff in it. "Left alot of stuff here." He muttered as he opens one box full of some sort've equipment. He grumbles under his breath then makes it to another box but nothing.

"Come on. There's gotta be something." He mutters as he leaves the room. "Why'd you all leave?" He asked as he heads into what looked like an office. There he saw what looked like files and x-ray drawings of someone's brain and some sort've mutation growth on the brain.

"What's this?" He asked as he flicks through it and there was a picture of an arm with a bite mark that looked like his. "Is that me?" He said, shocked, and he flicks through the files and sees a note on it.

The growth has clearly mutated. Let's see if the test results cooperate our theory. This is big!

"What?!" He mutters, confused, as he starts to look around the room some more. There was nothing else so he decided to leave the room and head towards this large red door.

He opens it then walks over to another door and opens it to reveal what looked like an operating room. He looks around then finds a duffle bag with the Firefly logo on it. He kneels down and zips it open and digs around inside, only to find a tape recording.

He pulls it out and stares at it for a moment then before he pressed the play button. "Most people have left already. I don't know which group I'm gonna join..." the female voice said and Elliot narrowed his eyes.

I was one of the ones that wanted to go after the smuggler and the kids. They said....even if we found him, or by some miracle, someone else that's immune; it'd make no difference. 'Cause the only person who can develop a vaccine is dead.

The sun was rising as Elliot was sitting outside of the hospital, sitting on top of a box, holding that recorder. He was just in shock at what he listened to that he kept replaying it over and over, mainly that last couple of sentences.