Chapter 12

Key/Guide
'Thoughts'
"Talking"
'Bijuu Thoughts '
"Bijuu Talking"
Author/Me

Sasuke POV

Before I knew it Itachi was in front of me, gasping for breath I kneeled over from the hit to my stomach.

Looking up, I see Itachi's blank face and think 'Why, why, why, WHY!?'

Turning around I heard him say, "Come find me when you have the same eyes as me, to get them you will need to kill your closest friend, do not come to me any sooner or I will kill you."

Without realising I whispered, "Why? Why did you do this? Why not kill me?"

"It was to test my strength." , with that said he turned around, but not before I saw them. I saw tears, running down his face. He lied, he lied to me, if it was to test his strength he wouldn't have killed the children even younger than me, and if he did it to test his strength he wouldn't be crying.

Before I passed out I faintly heard footsteps rushing towards the room.

Naruto POV

I am late, I know I am late, Itachi escaped before the room even came into view, but Sasuke's still there, and he just lost just entire family. I need to take Sasuke and get out of here before the ANBU comes.

Bursting into the room I grab Sasuke and shunshin to where I last left Shisui. Appearing on the clearing, I quickly grab Shisui as well, and shunshin to the cave where I now store my things. Things that I'm not supposed to have.

Turning to look at Shisui's face after I set Sasuke down, I can tell that he already knows what happened After all while Shisui may not be a sensor, he could still sense Chakra better than most Shinobi. So noticing a clan full of people's Chakra disappear probably wasn't all that hard.

"Do you want to continue spying on Danzo? You could take a rest for a bit if you'd like. Just let yourself go for a bit ,you know?", I ask.

"I think... I think I need some time to myself for awhile.", Shisui replied sadly, shortly after he shunshins away. I nod understandingly after all he just lost his whole clan, and his brother in all but blood was the one that did the deed (though they were cousins so close enough).

Turning my attention back to the main problem here, I face Sasuke, again, noticing that he seems to be moving restlessly in his sleep, I think over the options I have right now. I could carry Sasuke back to my apartment and just say, that I found him passed out on my doorstep, after all it's not like we tried to hide our friendship from anybody, so it wouldn't be that suspicious. Or I could carry Sasuke back to the Uchiha Compound, that way the ANBU will just think that he passed out in there. Although by now, there's probably squads worth of ANBU members already searching the place for survivors. Making up my mind, I heave Sasuke onto my back, and shunshin, back to my apartment.

Appearing inside my bathroom, I check my apartment for any chakra signatures. Finding only one ANBU member that was stationed right outside my window, I carry Sasuke into my room, after setting him on the bed, I move myself to my couch, and flop down. My last thoughts before I went to bed was, 'Did the Hokage allow this? Did he order a twelve year old to kill his own family?'

Morning

Upon waking up, last nights events all come back to me, wincing internally at my thought from last night, I ponder over what to do next. I couldn't possibly go after Itachi, not when I'm not even a genin yet, not to mention the fact, that Sasuke was definitely traumatized last night. Plus I should probably tell Sasuke the truth about the Uchihas soon, though not too soon, I don't want to put too much pressure onto Sasuke after all. If I did tell him that one of the main authorities of Konoha ordered for his clan to be massacred he would no doubt crack.

Though telling him that Shisui is alive, would probably be a good idea, it would give him some comfort that at least someone other than him from the clan survived. I really hope Sasuke won't distance himself from us after yesterday night. I groan in frustration, there's so many things to do. Though before I could get loss in my thoughts, an ANBU member that I recognized as Cat-nee appeared in my room with a puff of smoke.

"Uzumaki Naruto the Hokage wishes to see you, and your guest at noon.", Cat spoke in a monotone voice. After stating that she disappeared in yet another puff of smoke. Though I know she didn't actually go away, she just switched with the ANBU that was currently guarding me. Getting off the couch I walk over to where Sasuke was sleeping. While I feel a bit bad for waking him up when he was sleeping so peacefully, it's currently 10:47 and the Hokage probably wants to checks on Sasuke.

Knowing that Sasuke is a light sleeper, and also the fact that he most definitely had nightmares last night. I nudge him softly while saying, "Wake up, we have to go see the Hokage."

As predicted Sasuke bolts up, with a clearly panicked look on his, face. The panicked expression only lessons a little bit when he realises that he's in my apartment. I can't really blame him though anyone would be panicked in Sasuke's current position.

"It's okay, you're safe here... everything will get better eventually but for now you'll have to endure the pain. I know you're hurt and confused I'll explain everything after we go somewhere more private, alright?", seemingly calming down somewhat after hearing what I said, I left him alone, so he could have some time to himself. While he's getting ready I go off to make breakfast. Sasuke probably won't have much of an appetite for food though, so I'll make his portion smaller.

'Now how do I explain that his beloved older brother was ordered to kill his own family because they were planning on overthrowing the Hokage, as well as that one of his family members is indeed alive?', Naruto thought tiredly.