Chapter 8- Ice Cream

Xue Yang was walking around the house in his hybrid form when he heard a knock on the door, he walked over carefully and hid his ears. He smelled something familiar, it was like rust and blood. He knew who it was.
    He ran to the house phone that was near the couch and dialed Xingchen's number, "Hello?"
    "Xingchen," Xue Yang whispered, "I need help. My past owners are here, at the door!"
    "Shit, I'm on my way angel, just stay calm and don't open the door. No matter what, don't open it," Xingchen said.
    "Alright," Xue Yang said, "I won't."
    "Okay, I'm on my way darling," Xingchen hung up and Xue Yang stared at the door in fear. He heard another loud knock and ran to the his and Xingchen's shared room, it was the closest. He shut the door silently and started pacing around. He shifted into his hybrid form because of how panicked he was, and soon shifted into his full cat form.
    He hid under the bed and flinched as the knocking grew louder. The knocking stopped and he heard the door open, "Xue Yang! It's us!"
    Xue Yang ran out from under the bed. He shifted into hybrid form and opened the door, searching for the voice. It was Wei Ying and Song Lan.
    He saw the two in the living room and ran to Wei Ying, "Are they gone?"
    "Yes, they told us they were looking for you and that someone told them you came here," Wei Ying said.
    "What did you say?" Xue Yang asked.
     "We said that no one except our doctor friend lives here," Song Lan said.
     "Thank you," Xue Yang sighed in relief and fell on the couch. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, while Wei Ying and Song Lan went to the kitchen.
    The door opened and Xingchen came running in, "Xue Yang!" He saw the man on the couch and ran to him. He picked Xue Yang up and sat him on his lap, "I'm sorry I didn't come earlier angel, are you alright?"
    "Yeah," Xue Yang said, he nuzzled his face in Xingchen's neck, "I didn't open the door, don't worry."
"Good boy," Xingchen said, "you are such a good boy."
"Kiss," Xue Yang whispered, pulling away. Xingchen nodded and kissed him softly.
    "Hey lovebirds," Wei Ying said, "where's Wangji?"
     "He should be getting here tonight," Xingchen said pulling away from the kiss.
    "Does anyone want to go on a quick trip before we go back to work?" Song Lan asked.
   "Me!" Wei Ying said, "I've been wanting to go to Tokyo for a while."
    "We can go tomorrow can't we?" Xingchen asked.
    "I think so," Song Lan said, bitting into an apple, "but we have to get ready."
     "Don't they have rules about not hurting hybrids?" Xue Yang asked.
     "Yeah," Xingchen said, "that's why a lot of hybrids go there."
    "Then let's go," Xue Yang said standing up, he ran to his and Xingchen's shared room with everyone else following him.
   "Xue Yang, do you want to bring heat repressors?" Wei Ying asked.
   "Are you?" Xue Yang asked.
    "Yes," Wei Ying said sitting down on the bed.
    "I can use yours if I need them," Xue Yang said, "I don't think it'll do anything bad."
    "Okay," Wei Ying shrugged. Xue Yang grabbed Xingchen's arm and dragged him to their closet.
    "Help me pick out what to bring," Xue Yang said.
    "Sure," Xingchen smiled and began helping the man pick out everything they needed to bring. Song Lan and Wei Ying left to their own houses to get their things, leaving the couple alone.
     "Have you ever been anywhere else?" Xingchen asked.
"No, my owners wouldn't let me get out of the house at all," Xue Yang said.
"You had a really sad life didn't you?" Xingchen said.
"I mean I guess," Xue Yang shrugged.
"You did," Xingchen said, "we're done so let's go and eat something."
"Ice cream?" Xue Yang asked.
"Sure angel," Xingchen smiled. They went to the kitchen and served themselves some ice cream. They were eating from the same bowl and Xue Yang was sitting on Xingchen's lap.
"Xingchen, can I have more?" Xue Yang asked.
"You don't have to ask me angel," Xingchen said, "just go and get what you want."
     "Okay," Xue Yang stood up and got more ice cream, he sat back down and leaned his head back on Xingchen's shoulder.
     "Angel, didn't you want more," Xingchen asked.
     "I do, but I want you to eat more, you barely ate anything," Xue Yang said.
     "Fine," Xingchen chuckled, "I'll eat more," he took a big spoonful and swallowed it.
     "Is it good?" Xue Yang asked.
     "Yes, but you should have some too," Xingchen offered the bowl to Xue Yang who gladly took a spoonful.
     "Have you ever been to Tokyo?" Xue Yang asked.
     "Once, it was very pretty there," Xingchen said, "prettier than any place I've seen."
     "Is there good food there?" Xue Yang questioned.
     "Very, I'm sure you'll love it angel," Xingchen assured the man. Xue Yang nodded and they both continued to eat the ice cream in silence and peace.