To Speak

Parlare- To Speak

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Maice POV.

The sound soon returned but not my vision. I found my words back into what I could understand to be as english, but said nothing as I could hear Master Ciel's heartbeat and the walking of Sebastian.

That was until I heard Finny call. 

"Master Sebastian, Welcome home!" 

"I have returned." Sebastian's voice said sounding somewhat happy, yet almost forced. It was quiet for a few moments.

"Mister Sebastian! What happened to your clothes!?" Meirin's voice asked and yelled.

"Sebastian! Your message was too hard to understand!!" Bardo's voice yelled.

"Young Matser Ciel! You're hurt!" Finny.

"We just tripped as we were out." Sebastian lied swiftly.

"WHAT. THE. HELL." Bard growled.

I felt gravity shift somewhat and then fell onto the cold hard dirt. 

"Maice!" Meirin. "Where were you? Are you alright? Wake up."

"Buio." I stated, unable to find the English language to express my words. I was able to understand the english, but where was it? Why can't I speak it.

"Huh?" Finny and Meirin.

"Sono.. Buio.." I mumbled, trying to explain that it was dark, that I couldn't see. 

"Sebastian, did Maice hit her head or something?" Finny asked.

"Not that I know of.." Sebastian's voice was thoughtful, or portraying thought. I don't know the truth behind his emotions anymore, if he even owns any.

"Maice, what's wrong?" Meirin asked.

"Sono buio." I said again, and my hands weakly pushed myself up into a sitting position, then I gestured to my eyes which were behind my bangs.

"What about your eyes?" Finny now asked. I sighed and just layed down on the dirt, giving up until I could figure out how to communicate.  I don't know how to write English, but that other language I do know. I know how to write in that language.

"Young Master," Sebastian. "I must apologize, I have made a grave error as a Phantomhive Butler. How might I ever compensate? Today's Supper preparations have been left unfinished."

"Thats quite alright Sebastian," Master Ciel. "Please go make sure Maice is taken care of. She cannot see." I jumped in shock. How did he know? "Some men I know speak Italian, and so I had to learn just a bit to get by." Italian? I'll ask when I can get my voice back.

An arm took mine roughly and pulled me up. "Come Maice, I must bring you to your room to rest as I call a doctor to check out your eyes."

"Si, Sebastian Signor Gatto." My voice was shaky, I heard a stiffled laugh. 

"What did she say?" Sebastian asked.

"She said, Yes Sebastian, Mister Cat." Ciel's voice had a hint of amusement to it. The grip on my arm tightened to a frighteningful hold, and I was almost afraid my humours bone would snap under the pressure. I grit my teeth to keep me from making any noise.

"I will search for an italian speaking eye doctor then." Sebastian said sighing. 

"Si." I squeaked out quietly. 

I was pulled and tripped over a few stairs, and eventually I was picked up and held while footsteps echoed.

"Scusa.." I mumbled with a sigh.