To Run

Correre- To Run

~ ~

Maice POV.

Sweeping the floor of the large dining hall I quietly heard some songs in my head. It was a soft lullaby that I remember hearing one night. I wasn't about to sing it like other people would probably do. After all singing while working seems so cliche. No. I just sighed and continued dusting and cleaning.

Master Ciel was kind enough to let me keep the Blue Dress, and told me to go out with Meirin when I was done dusting, so we may get new clothes. I'm very grateful. However I am still keeping the coat I have- when I arrived here. And the hair clip that I have as well. A Small hair clip that just gives me security.

"Maice. Are you done yet?" Meirin asked, popping her head from the doorway. I looked at her before shaking my head no, and going back to cleaning. "Will you be finished soon?" I looked at all that I still had yet to do, and nodded yes. Mei nodded, before scurrying off, leaving me to finish up what I was doing.

The door opened again, and a man's footsteps entered. I turned around to see the Cat-Like Butler, freezing on the spot as he came closer. I was like a Deer in Headlights. Frozen with Fright. He moved closer and soon enough he stood in front of me. Looking down. I shook and tried to move or yell or get away. But fear. So much of it.

Was he going to kill me? Was he going to hurt me? Why is he here?

Sebastian loomed over me and put one hand on my bangs, pushing them to the side. His expression seemed somewhat annoyed and in thought.

Burning at the back of my throat and the tears running down my face in absolute terror. I was deathly afraid.

When the hair over my eyes was gone, and the light that was usually filtered with my hair- became stronger. I flinched, regaining composure, and dashing far away across the room from Sebastian.

My body flattening itself on the wall, my heart pounding, and my breathing heavy. He had put some spell on me preventing me from moving. Because Now I'm in worse terror. Sebastian looked at me in confusion.

"What are you?" His voice asked, seeming to glare at me from afar. 

Many silent moments passed as I tried to understand his question.

"W-What?" I stuttered out in confusion.

"What. Are. You." He spat out- somewhat angrily.

"I.. I don't know. Just- Just Please-don't-hurt-me. I'll be a good girl, okay? I'm sorry Mister-Cat-Sebastian-Master-Sir." I cried out quickly, and covered my head with my hands, stareing to the floor.

I heard footsteps and the door opening and closing. I waited for another minute or two before looking up, curiously. He was gone. I slid down the wall slowly, and sat down, putting a hand over my heart. Trying to calm down. 

~ ~ ~ Sebastian POV ~ ~ ~

This new lady, who Master Ciel had let work here. There is something about her, that infuriates me. It makes me want to hurt her. To watch her suffer and cry, as blood pours from her small body. I don't understand it.  Is she some sort of Siren? I do remember myths about them. But Sirens are known for their golden eyes, and their luring voices. While her voice makes me want to kill her.

This new servant, Maice hides her eyes behind her hair, perhaps the color is golden. I glared at empty space infront of me as I walked down the hall to where I left her before, assigning the Dining Hall for sweeping. A simple task, not one this Rat could mess up easily. 

I saw Meirin walking down the hall, humming a little to herself happily. She must have just checked up on the rat.

I opened the door and walked into the dining hall. The Rat didn't look up, but became ridgid instantly as I made my way torwards her. She looked up quickly, seeming startled. Then froze, becoming pale. I instantly put a spell on her- keeping her from screaming, or moving.

Standing infront of her, I pushed her bangs to the side slowly and carefully, not to scare her too much. I did want to scare her though. I wanted her to be afraid of me, so afraid. But if I scared her too much, the spell could come un-done.

Just as I could see her eyes, whiched seemed to be tinted red, tears running down from them. She shut them, and winced. Dashing off to the wall far off on the other side of the room.

"What are you?" I asked, frustrated and annoyed. Why couldn't I find the source of my hatered for this being?

Moments passed, and she moved her head up slightly, in shock. "W-What?" Her stutter annoyed me. If she had such low-self-esteem- she should be dead and non-existant.

"What. Are. You?" How much did I want to kill this Rat, have her blood stain white walls, and white roses. Her fear was intoxicating, and annoying at the same time. 

"I.. I don't know. Just- Just Please-don't-hurt-me. I'll be a good girl, okay? I'm sorry Mister-Cat-Sebastian-Master-Sir." She was quick with her words, and chose them wisely. She knew to submit to me, that I was higher then her. However she did not know what she was. I must keep my temper. I will kill her on Ciel's orders.

This Rat will go, when the bait is taken.

I turned around to take a glance at the terrifed girl, who looked to the ground, her hands covering her head as if ready to be hit.

With her hands like that. She looks more like a Mouse.

Smirking I left the room, and down the hall to Master Ciel's room. A Mouse. My little play toy mouse.

~ ~ ~ Miace POV ~ ~ ~

Meirin and I walked down the busy streets of London. I held one paper bag in my hands, and she held an umbrella, warning me that it seems like it could rain again. I had bought plain colored colothing. Nothing that could be recorded as "expensive" or "eye catching". Because why would I need people to look at me? I prefer lurking in Shadows anyways. Running from attention, fear, pain.

Alone in my thouhgs I accidentally bumped into someone, pushing me down onto the floor in my blue dress. I made no sound as I caught myself and skidded a little on my butt.

"Hey. Watch it." A man's voice spoke. Meirin was about to protest- but I replied quicker.

"S-Sorry." I said quickly, getting up, bowing and dashing off.

Thats all I'm good for. Running.

* *

End Chapter

So! What do you guys think? I spent lot of the day working on it. I wasn't sure what else to write, so I stopped it there.

Any Suggestions? :3

~Bubby