The Replacement [8]

Start from the beginning

Masami paused with a quick blink, her face quickly blossoming into a thousand shades of red underneath Shisui's close proximity. His strong jaw was inches above her button nose and smelt distinctively of freshly cut grass. Silently, Masami traced her eyes over Shisui's strong neck before nervously nodding again.

He cared about her!

"Yeah... but I think it's scabbed up now," Masami's lips twitched into a small but visible smile as she slowly forgot all about her troubles. Being so close to Shisui made her feel safe and tingly inside, like a thousand butterflies had exploded in her heart. Wrapping her hands behind her head, Masami delicately pushed her fingers against her scalp trying to feel for the cut.

"Heh, you always were a klutz," Shisui teased, drawing backwards. "I bet you tripped whilst wearing that mask, right? I told you it wasn't safe. I mean what mask has only one eye hole anyways?" He shrugged like it was obvious.

Masami's arms deflated away from her head like Shisui's words had purposely punctured a hole into her skin. In a desperate attempt to avoid the beautiful male's eye contact, she averted her undivided attention up at the ceiling like it was made out of chocolate. Masami had been hoping Shisui would have forgotten all about the mask, since it had cost him quite a bit of money...

"Well actually Shisui, my mask... I... Tob... To-" Masami paused for a long moment before slowly closing her mouth. It hadn't even been two hours yet and she had already nearly broken her promise with Itachi.

"Masami you must keep this to yourself. You must trust me. I will protect you and Sasuke from Tobi, I promise. Just promise me you'll speak of this to no one."

"Itachi..."

"Hmm... What was that? You're mumbling Masami," Shisui cupped a hand around his ear, signalling for the child to speak louder.

A nervous cough filled Masami's throat. The child was still gawking at the ceiling, unable to bare the thought of looking someone straight in the eye and lying to them, especially if that person was the lovely Shisui.

"I said... I said when I tumbled over- the m-mask... it broke!" She lied between her teeth. "I-I'm sorry, Shisui!"

She really was sorry...

Masami somewhat forced herself to look down and stare at Shisui again. Automatically, she went rigid expecting him to shout, to be angry at her like Sasuke was... but no harsh words were spoken. No judging eyes gazed down upon her in hate.

Only a gently voice reached out to her, like a soft melody that that played against her heartstrings.

"Is that why you've been so nervous? Did you think I would be angry at you for breaking the mask, Masami-chan?"

Chan...

Masami went quiet with a look of shock filling her dark obsidian eyes. He was partly right.

"I... I..."

"Oh Masami-chan, you really are a klutz..." Bowing his head with a deep chuckle, Shisui let a silver chain fallout from the depths of his black top. With a single hand he skilfully unclipped the shining possession before looking at Masami with a tiny grin. "Hold out your hand"

"W-what?"

"Hold out your hand," he repeated, amusement laced within his voice. Masami pouted her pink lips in confusion but did so anyway.

"Ok..."

Consuming her tiny hand within his own, Shisui delicately dropped the item into Masami's fingers. The metal felt like ice as it brushed against her skin compared to the warmth that radiated from the older Uchiha. The mere touch between them sent an electrical jolt coursing through Masami's body, leaving her in a dizzy and dazzled state.

"Now I know it's not in your favourite colour," Shisui gave a husky laugh, remembering Masami's fascination with orange. "But... it's still pretty cool. I wear it for good luck but apparently you need that more than me. Just think of it as a uh... a four month early birthday present."

He remembered her 5th birthday?

Slowly untwining her fingers, Masami glanced down in disbelief at the silver necklace placed in the sanctuary of her hand. A medallion shone in the middle of the chains, reflecting the picture of a cat with its right paw raised in mid air. It seemed to be holding a tablet encrypted 'lucky' and a round bell caressed its chubby neck.

"Fortune kitty..." Masami felt her eyes well up in happiness... it was beautiful. "Shisui... Thankyou!"

Beaming from ear to ear, Masami sprang across the table and clung onto Shisui, not caring if she knocked over anything on the table. Taken by surprise, Shisui fell back into his seat with the child landing roughly top of him.

"Masami..." The male internally winced at the sound of objects smashing and shattering all around him.

"I love you, Shisui-kun!"

Shisui gave out a miserable groan.

Right now he was the one in need of a fortune kitty...

Awe I really had fun writing this mushy chapter... It's probably my longest one yet as well.

Anyway thank you for the lovely comments and likes so far, they really help in getting a next chapter out quicker!

So remember...

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Do it for the love of Shisui and other Uchihas XD

Peace out!

Charlie x