Halloween Special pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Finally got tired of taking scoldings for Jack?" Pete asks with slight humour in his voice, but he immediately realizes how serious the situation is when Axel doesn't say anything.

"Axe, what's wrong? You're scaring us" Jack says, cautiously placing a hand on Axel's bicep.

"The woman, she was furious. Unlike the other people who would scold me, her words seemed creepier. Then, she said that she placed a curse on me. With the moonlight of the next full moon, the curse will activate" Axel says shakingly, feeling goosebumps on his skin as he's reminded of the old woman's words.

"A curse?? You mean you played a prank on a witch?!" Pete exclaims, turning to look at Jack in disbelief.

In this world, there doesn't only exist humans but 3 other species that live along side them. Unless they reveal their supernatural traits themselves, it's practically impossible to tell them apart from humans.

The witches, one of the superior species, can cast spells and curses as they please. They're one of the most feared species as they are known to hold grudges and exact their revenge on those who have gone against them, no matter the severity.

Next, there are vampires. They're also quite feared as they can easily overpower and kill a human by drinking their blood. Though, since the times have evolved, vampires have gotten a lot more docile. There are rarely any news about someone getting killed by vampires, only the occasional few.

Finally, there are the werewolves. The least feared of all the species. It's shocking, really, that a 15 foot tall beast would be the least feared out of all species. But since society evolved, it has become normal for humans to hunt down werewolves. Werewolves have the most weaknesses out of the supernatural species, and humans were able to take advantage of their weaknesses to create weapons and impenetrable armor. Werewolves' fur holds lots of worth and can be sold for billions of gold, making them irresistible to the most greedy species on earth. Werewolves are rare now, as they have been hunted for decades so they're nearing extinction. There may only be 100 or less left in the whole world.

"Shit..." Jack says, finally realizing the gravity of the situation.

"Wait, the next full moon? That's tonight!" Pete says worriedly.

Axel nods, as they all fall silent.

You may all be wondering why Axel still protects Jack, even after everything Jack's put him through. Well it's simple.

They're brothers, they'd do anything for each other.

It's not just Axel who protects Jack, Jack protects Axel just as much. Although, Jack himself also wonders why Axel continuously protects him, even to the point of getting cursed for him. Obviously, he'd do the same for his brother, but that's because Axel has done so much for him.

What has he ever done to deserve Axel's loyalty? He gets a headache just thinking about it.

The three make a plan to keep Axel indoors and close all the windows. Since the witch specified that the curse will only activate with the light from the full moon, they'll be protecting Axel to make sure no light will be able to touch him.

As the sun starts to set, they quickly usher Axel into his room, nailing layers of wood on each window to make sure no light will be able to get in. They turn on the lamps on Axel's beside table so that it isn't pitch black.

Luckily, Mace is out for the night so they can do this without her questioning.

They make sure that Axel's door is locked, as the two sit outside Axel's room. Although they have no idea what will happen to Axel if the moonlight hits him, they'll still make sure nothing will happen to him.