Chapter 14

Axel's POV

It felt good to finally tell Jay about my family. I can finally stop lying to him about where my parents are. It shocks me how fast I was able to confide in Jay, when I haven't even told Pete yet. Speaking of Pete, his weird behaviour is starting to really concern me. On Monday, I'll grab Jack and we're going to confront him about his weird behaviour. If he feels uncomfortable around Franco, I'll find a way to fix it since I was the one who brought Franco into our group.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when a hand engulfs mine. I look up to see Jay smiling, and entwine our hands.

"You thinking about me?" Jay asks and I smirk.

"No, I'm actually thinking about another hot guy that I saw on the street" I see him frown as his grip on my hand tightens.

I laugh, "Kidding! Well, I actually was thinking about other guys. Pete and Franco. You've noticed how weird they are around each other right?"

Jay sighs in relief, "Don't scare me like that, and yeah. Whenever Franco's around, Pete seems all jumpy. I didn't know him before, but from what I've seen when Franco isn't around, Pete's very calm and collected"

I nod, "I'll talk to Jack and we're going to confront him about it on Monday. I'd feel bad for bringing Franco into the group if they have issues they haven't dealt with"

"Well, you can worry about that on Monday. Right now, your hot, sexy boyfriend's in front of you and wants attention" he turns to look at me and smiles, as I blush. Boyfriend.

"Yeah well, keep your eyes on the road. I don't want to die to the hands of my boyfriend" I smile, in which he returns.

The rest of the ride is filled with small-talk, as we pull into my driveway. I yawn as I get out of the car.

"Tired?" Jay comes up beside me, and I nod.

He hums, "Let's just head to bed then, it's quite late anyways"

We head upstairs and I flop down on my bed, sighing in content. Jay comes in and laughs at me.

"I get that you're tired babe, but you still need to change. You don't mind if I sleep shirtless right?" he asks and I shake my head. I grab my pyjamas and head to the washroom to change.

When I finished changing, I head back into my room to see a shirtless Jay laying on my bed. I blush, damn his muscles are no joke.

I crawl into bed beside him as he turns to face me. He smiles and pulls me into his chest. I inhale the scent that I've become addicted to. Who would've thought that I would fall for the school's quarterback? If you told me a week ago that I'd become friends with this guy I would've laughed. If you told me that we'd become something more, I probably would've socked you. Don't get me wrong, I like jokes. But when they're absolutely preposterous, then we have a problem. But I guess I'm the ridiculous one for falling for this guy. What would everyone think?

"What you thinking about, cutie?" Jay's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I look up at him, "I'm just thinking about how a week ago I never would've imagined us becoming friends, let alone boyfriends. Yet here we are" I wave my hands in the air for emphasis.

He laughs, "Well I'm not all that surprised. I've known who you were since freshmen year, and I've basically had a crush on you since then"

I look at him with wide eyes, "Wait really? Then why haven't you talked to me at all these years?"

He shrugs, "Never had the chance to, you could probably guess how happy I was when Mr. Falcon told me to tutor you. I finally had an excuse to talk to you, which led to this" he says, pointing between us and pecks my nose.

I smile up at him, "I guess we'll have to thank him then. Speaking of which, how do you think the school will react? The popular straight quarterback is dating the nerd"

He shrugs, "That's nobody's business but ours. Also, popular straight jocks are stereotypes. I'm not a stereotypical jock, and you're not a stereotypical nerd either"

I nod, "Well I guess I'm still labelled as one, even if I'm not a nerd you would see in movies. Not that I mind, being labelled a nerd at least means that I'm smart"

He smiles, "That's one of the biggest reasons why I first noticed you, your big brain that you put to use"

I smile, "What do you think people will say when they find out we're dating?"

He hums, "Well Jack already knows, I asked for his permission before asking you out"

I laugh, "You asked for his permission? What, is he my dad?"

He laughs too, "He may as well be! Well, more like a protective older brother. I also just wanted to show that I'm serious about you by making sure your best friend knows that I have good intentions. Even if he didn't give me permission I would've still asked you out, I just wanted to let him know in advance"

I smile and let out a yawn. He laughs, "Let's sleep, we can continue this conversation tomorrow"

I nod, and close my eyes, snuggling closer to him as his arms tighten around me.

Jayden's POV

That's nobody's business but ours.

I say that, yet I don't want to know how people will react. It kind of scares me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of being gay or ashamed of being with Axe. I'm not going to start ignoring him in the halls to keep up my reputation. I honestly don't really care about my reputation. If it was my choice, I wouldn't be popular. The title comes with the fact that I'm the school's quarterback. With popularity comes negativity though.

I couldn't care less about what others have to say about my relationship with Axe, but I'm worried about how the backlash would affect him. I know our school fully supports the LGBTQ+ community, but there are obviously going to be some people who have hurtful things to say about our relationship.

Axel's already had a tough life, and I don't want to make it worse. I'm never going to break up with him, that's not an option.

I'll just have to play the protective boyfriend role and make sure no one even goes near Axe to say anything mean, though I'm sure he'll be able to protect himself just fine. I just hope it doesn't go past verbal assaults.

I look down at the small boy in my arms, sleeping peacefully and letting out small snores through his parted lips. I smile and kiss him on the head. I snuggle into his hair and inhale his scent.

I know it's wishful thinking to say that I'll never let anyone hurt Axe. But as long as I'm here, I'll try my absolute best to make sure this boy doesn't suffer anymore.

I hug Axe tighter, I'm going to protect him.

------------

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it was a little boring!

Please vote, and have a nice week!