Chapter 21

Axel's POV

I wake up and see that I'm sleeping in Jay's bed, with his arm wrapped around my waist and my face in his chest. I guess Jay carried me to bed last night after I fell asleep on his beanbag. I slowly take his arm off my waist and grab my phone to check the time, 6:00.

I get up, and see that I'm in pyjamas. I guess Jay helped me change as well. I go and take a shower in the bathroom in my room, and change into my outfit for the day. I just wear a pair of blue skinny jeans and a hoodie that I stole from Jay. It's big on me, but it smells like him so I like it. Geez, I've become so attached.

I head downstairs and start to make the batter for my pancakes. When I finish the batter, I take out a pan and put some oil on it before putting the batter on the pan. I flip the pancakes and take out 5 plates, placing 2 pancakes on each plate before taking the plates out and setting them on the table.

I hear someone coming down the stairs and see May, looking shocked when her eyes land on me.

"What- did you make breakfast? I'm going to need a word with the maids" she says, shaking her head disappointingly. 

I shake my head, "No, no! It's not their fault, Jay wanted to have my pancakes, so he told the maids not to cook this morning" I say as I see Jay coming into the dining room.

He smiles as he sees the pancakes and walks over to me, hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Good morning, princess" he says and I giggle.

"Morning" I say and smile at him.

"Mom, you need to try his pancakes. They're out of this world" he says and I laugh.

"I need to get the toppings and orange juice" I say and go back into the kitchen.

I come back out with 5 glasses of orange juice, whip cream and syrup on a tray and see Jason and Dan seated at the table.

I put the tray down and take everything off of it before putting it away in the kitchen. I come back out and sit down beside Jay, noticing everyone was looking at me with wide eyes.

"What- how did you make these? The maids never made pancakes this good before" Jason says and I see Dan and May nod.

"Um, well I use my own batter recipe" I say and their eyes grow wider, if possible.

May gives me a fond smile, "You're just a bundle of never ending surprises, now aren't you?" she says and I laugh.

"I'm sure the surprises are over"

"Damn Jay, find me someone like this. Smart, can cook, attractive, and an amazing person" I hear Jason say and I blush.

"Sorry dude, I'm sure Axe's the only one in this world like that" Jay says and I slap his shoulder. We eat and they compliment me on the food continuously during the whole meal.

"That was one of the best meals I've ever had. No offence honey" I hear Dan say while looking at May, and everyone else nods in agreement.

"None taken" she says with a smile on her face as she rubs her full belly.

"You need to make breakfast more often" Jay says and I laugh, nodding.

I grab my bag from my room and head downstairs, seeing Jay waiting for me at the door. I quickly put on my shoes, and say goodbye to Dan and May.

We get to school and head to the locker room. We started football in gym class and Jay is eager to show off more of his skills. He gets extra serious every time he's on the field, even if it's just a scrimmage with people who are just beginners at football. He doesn't hesitate to help others, and gives tips on what they can do to improve. Everyone listens to him since he's the school quarterback, and they improve at an alarming rate. I could tell football is something he's genuinely passionate about, and seeing him on the field playing with a smile on his face puts a smile on mine.