chapter 13

POV: 3rd person
"He hasn't canceled the wedding yet and the sun is going down." Silver pointed out as he stood beside his mother who was watching the couple kiss.

"We can't do this, Silver." Rouge said. At first she wanted nothing more than to break them apart but not anymore. She had only spent a few hours with Sonic and only shared a few conversations, but those few hours changed her mind. Sonic didn't deserve to get his heart broken. He was a kind, sweet, playful, innocent hedgehog. He was nothing like the girls she despises that Shadow had dated.

"What?! Why not?!" Silver was obviously angered.

"They don't deserve it. They are perfect for each other. I don't want to do this to them." Rouge said.

"I can't believe you!" Silver yelled at his mother before storming off. Rouge sighed and let him be. She made her way to the couple and sat down with them.

Shamefully she told Sonic what she had planned to do. Sonic was shocked but glad that she had changed her mind. Sonia also confessed to what she and Silver had done. All was forgiven and for the rest of the evening there was nothing but joy.

———

"Hey love," Shadow hugged his lover from behind who was standing on the terrace, looking up at the night sky. "Why don't you come inside and enjoy the party?" He nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck.

"I wanted to take a stroll around the yard." Sonic leaned back against his fiancé.

"You want me to come with you?" Shadow asked.

"I'm fine. You have some catching up to do." Sonic replied. The ebony hedgehog hummed in agreement. Now that he and Rouge were on good terms again, they had a lot of talking up to do.

"But I will miss you though." Shadow whined and turned his lover around. Sonic chuckled, wrapped his arms around his neck, and pecked his lips.

"It will only be for a few minutes." He said as he moved his hands to the other's chest fur and played with it.

"But I want to be with you every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year-"

"Yeah yeah I get it." Sonic laughed and gave Shadow a playful push against his chest.

"See you soon." Shadow kissed his fiancé before going back inside. Sonic got off the terrace and walked around the yard until he found a nice place to sit and look up at the stars. He was so caught up in the moment that he didn't notice the upcoming danger.

Silver was closing in on the blue hedgehog. He picked up a rock that was at his feet and continued sneaking up on the blue male. He raised his arm and with a, not so forceful, swing hit Sonic in the head.

Sonic yelped from the impact. He fell onto his side and held his head in pain. He looked up to see who had hit him and his eyes widened at the sight of Silver who looked as if he was ready to kill him.

"Whoa whoa!" Sonic got up, ignoring his aching head, and put his hands out in front of me. Silver looked shocked at the hedgehog and dropped the rock. He couldn't believe he had just done that. It almost made him feel sick.

But that shock was soon replaced by anger and he tackled Sonic to the ground. The blue hedgehog didn't do much. He didn't want to hurt the kid so blocked all the punches he threw at his face.

"I hate you! I hate you!" Silver screamed while punching the other. "I hate you! You won over my dad's heart! He looks at you with such a loving gaze! He loves you! And I hate it! I wish, I wish he loved me for once.." The ivory hedgehog broke down crying. "I-I want.. my d-dad to lov-ve me.."

Sonic sat up and pulled him in for a hug. This kid wasn't against them, well kinda, but misunderstood. He felt abandoned. Silver continued to cry and tried to push the other away with weak attempts. Eventually he gave up and hugged back. Sonic held him until the ivory one had calmed down.

"Wh-Why doesn't.. my-y fath-her love me..?"

"Why do you think he doesn't love you?" Sonic asked and rubbed Silver's back.

"Ever since I was born.. h-he didn't want to have me a-around. When they g-got.. divorced he sent m-me to my mom. I-I didn't see him much anymore.. after t-that.." Silver said.

"He does love you." Sonic stroke his quills. "He was at all your birthdays, spend time with you on vacations and free days, and not to mention he invited you to his wedding. Do you think he would do that if he didn't love you?" Silver stayed quiet. He didn't know what to say back to that. "Did you ever talk about this with him?"

"Why are you comforting me? I literally just hit you with a rock." Silver looked up at the blue hedgehog.

"Well, you are going to be my stepson. And I want to treat you like you're one of my own." Sonic smiled at the other. Silver was shocked when he heard that. He had tried to ruin his marriage but he was still kind to him.

"That sounds nice." Silver leaned against Sonic. He had seen the bond he had with his kids. He would like to have that as well.

"How about we go back to the others?"

Sonic and Silver went to the villa. Silver supported the blue hedgehog who held his head in pain. When Shadow spotted the two coming in, he immediately went over to them at seeing that Sonic was hurt.

"What happened to you?" Shadow moved Sonic's hand away to be able to look at the wound. It didn't look too serious but it was giving his lover pain.

"Nothing a night rest can't make up." Sonic replied. He motioned Silver to go talk with his dad.

"I.. I'm sorry." Silver said as he lowered his head.

"You did this?" Shadow narrowed his eyes at him.

"Shadow, let him talk." Sonic glared at his lover which made the other stay quiet and listen to his son.

"It isn't that I don't want you to be happy, really. Whenever you're around Sonic, you look so lovingly at him and give him lots of attention and affection. I got angered by it since that is what I wanted to have. I got the feeling you never loved me. All I wanted was for you to love me. But apparently that was too was to ask for. I'm sorry I never told you before."

"Oh Silver, come here." Shadow hugged his son close. He never knew his son felt that way. If he had known he would have done things differently.

Sonic smiled as he watched the two. He was glad everything ended well just before the wedding.

———

It was early in the morning. The sun was still rising which made the wedding even more beautiful. There was not a lot of public, just Sonic's family, Shadow's, and Rouge. Sonic and Shadow had spoken their vows and given each other the ring, and now the most important part was up.

"Having pledged your love and promise to one another today in front of your friends and family and by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom."

Shadow smiled and kissed his husband. Sonic couldn't help but smile throughout the kiss. Everyone began cheering and clapping for the married couple.

"I love you." Shadow rested his forehead against his husband's and looked lovingly into his eyes.

"I love you too." Sonic smiled brightly at his husband.

THE END