chapter 2

POV: Sonic
We were going out for dinner at some chic restaurant. I was extremely anxious. I was supposed to tell my family I was going to get married to a man in a week. I feared their reaction. Gays aren't accepted that often. I was afraid they weren't going to accept me.

"Is everyone ready to go?" I asked. Sonia had dressed like she was some kind of princess. Manic hadn't really done anything to his looks. Tails was wearing a tunic. Sonia was wearing a cute little dress and Manik was only wearing a bow tie since he refused to wear anything else. For myself, I was wearing a tuxedo. "Alright. Let's go then, shall we?" I opened the door and let everyone out before locking the door behind me. The ride to the restaurant was okay, after I figured out where I needed to go. Also, I constantly had to remind my kids that they needed to behave once we were there.

"Do you have a reservation?" A lady asked once we had entered the restaurant.

"Uh yes, on the name of Acorn." I replied as I held Manik's and Sonia's hands so they stayed by my side.

"Follow me please." The lady led us to our table. Everyone settled down. I had to help the kids before I sat down. I could feel myself shaking. I needed to calm myself down before I could tell them.

"I need to go to the restroom." I got up and hurried to the restroom. To my relief, was no one there other than me. I walked to one of the sinks and turned the tap on. I took my gloves off and splashed some water on my face.

"What a coincidence to see you here." When I heard that voice, I looked up into the mirror and saw Shadow who had just entered. He walked closer to me and hugged me from behind. "How is the love of my life doing?" He asked as he lightly nuzzled my neck after he had moved my clothing out of the way.

"Could have been better." I answered honestly as I couldn't help but purr at his gentle touch. Shadow turned me around and placed his hands on my cheeks before planting a kiss on my lips.

"You shouldn't worry about it so much." He used his thumbs to gently caress my cheeks. "I'm sure they will accept you, and so not, then I will still accept you."

"You're the one who made me like this in the first place." I laughed and playfully pushed him.

"How else would I have been able to make you fall for me?" Shadow snuck his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I unbuttoned his shirt to get to his fluffy chest fur. I buried my face in it while I wrapped my arms around his torso. I always felt relaxed when I had my head against his chest and could hear his calm heartbeat. "That must be your favorite spot." I heard Shadow chuckle.

"Except for your lips that is." I leaned up and pecked his lips before letting my head rest on his chest fur again.

"You sure it isn't something lower?~" Shadow smirked down at me. I looked at him confused for a moment before realizing what he meant.

"Sh-Shadow!" I yelled out of embarrassment as I pushed him away. He only laughed at seeing my blushing face. "I'm leaving." I walked to the exist but I got yanked back by my wrist.

"I'm not letting you leave without a kiss, my emerald~"

"Fine. But only one kiss." I turned to face him and pressed my lips against his. His kisses were the best I have ever had. After a while of kissing and holding each other, I had to pull away for air. "I... I should go back to the others." I panted lightly and separated from our hug. I went to grab my gloves but Shadow got them before I did.

"Why don't you keep those off and show off that nice ring you're wearing?" Shadow suggested as he put my gloves into my pockets.

"I will." I smiled and nuzzled his cheek one last time. I was able to leave this time. I went back to the table where the others seemed to be waiting for me.

"Finally, you're back! Now we can finally order!" Sonia was being dramatic as usual. I ignored her and grabbed the menu and looked through it.

"You were taking your sweet time in there, bro." Manic laughed which made the kids laugh as well. It was as if their instinct was to laugh when someone else was laughing. I found it adorable.

"I know I know. I'm sorry." I apologized to them and smiled when I saw Shadow smiling at me as he walked back to his table.

"What are you smiling at?" Tails asked as he looked to where I was looking at. Fortunately, he didn't spot Shadow.

"N-Nothing!"