chapter 4

POV: Shadow
I couldn't believe his own family hurt him like that. They had left him completely broken. I held him in my arms as I tried to get him calm. Eclipse and Silver had noticed what was going on and came over.

"We're leaving." I said and picked Sonic up in my arms. He held onto me, clutching my suit as he sobbed. Eclipse and Silver didn't question it and followed me to the car. I sat in the backseat with Sonic next to me. I gave him little kisses on his cheeks and forehead while whispering sweet nothings to him.

"I-I knew.. th-this.. was g-going t-to happen.." Sonic said between his sobs and hiccups. I sighed then wiped his tears away and planted another kiss on his forehead.

"They will come by." I said and pulled him closer. He didn't react to that. "I love you and I will never leave you." I gently nuzzled him. Still no reaction.

By the time we arrived at my villa, Sonic had calmed down. He still let out a sob here and there but he was doing better. I wanted to lead him inside the villa but he ran straight to the guesthouse. I couldn't keep up with his super-speed, not without my rocket shoes.

POV: 3rd person
Sonic ran to the guesthouse where he found his siblings packing in. He felt extremely hurt but he had to talk to them.

"Daddy!" His kids were the first to notice him. They ran up to him and jumped into his arms. The twins didn't understand what was going. They were taken away from their father without knowing why. Sonic held his kids in his arms as he walked up to his siblings.

"You're leaving..?" His ears folded back against his head. Sonia rolled his eyes and closed another suitcase.

"You think we're going to stay here? No." She said coldly and grabbed the handle of the suitcase then brought it to the car.

"Let me explain." Sonic pleaded but Sonia ignored him. However, he did so anyway. "I love him, truly. And even if you don't accept it that isn't going to change. All I'm asking is for you to give it a chance, please."

"I'm behind you." Tails was first to speak. It didn't feel right to him to not stand behind his brother. "I'm willing to give it a try."

"Thank you!" Sonic placed his kids down to hug the two-tailed fox. "I knew I could count on you."

"I'm not giving it a chance, ever." Sonia snarled and crossed her arms. She didn't want anything to do with it. She felt disgusted knowing her brother was with another man.

"I.. I don't know." Manic averted his gaze and rubbed his arm. It may be said that it is a sin but he was his brother.

"Don't tell me you're giving it a chance!" Sonia said angrily. She didn't like the hesitation her brother was giving off. He shouldn't be behind him, and neither should Tails.

"That's not what I'm saying." Manic put his hands up in defense. "I know what is being said over homosexuality and all. But why should we care? We aren't even Catholic."

"You think this is about religion?" Sonia raised an eyebrow. "I find it disgusting that my brother is together with another man. It's just not right."

"Who are we to tell if something is right or wrong?" Tails stood up for his adoptive brother. If this was right for Sonic, then they should give it a try. Sonia huffed and rolled her eyes.

"I stay by what I said." She glared at them. "You can do whatever you want but I'm leaving. I can't stay here." Sonia grabbed the last of her bags and made her way to the car. She got in and started the engine only for it to give up on her and stop working. "You have got to be kidding me." She grumbled under her breath.

"Looks like she is stuck here with us." Manic chuckled. He had seen this coming. The car was old and wouldn't go with for much longer. Though, this was perfect timing.

"I think she will get a taxi." Tails said. This wasn't going to stop her from leaving, or so he thought. But he was proven wrong. Sonia got out of the car and sat on the doorstep, being all grumpy.

"Forget about her. Introduce us to the new family." Manic said and patted his brother's back which made Sonic smile. He didn't think he would be able to change their mindset, but he did.