chapter 11

POV: 3rd person
Shadow was glaring at the two males in front of him who he had just seen making out. He wanted an explanation, and now.

"I swear it's not what it looks like!" Sonic took a step closer to his fiancé. Shadow narrowed his eyes at him, telling him to back off. "I didn't mean it! My body was moving on its own! I tried to push away but my body wouldn't let me!" Shadow tsked at the sad excuse the blue male came up with. "I didn't mean it! I swear! It was as if someone had taken control over my body." Sonic said hoping his lover would believe him. The ebony hedgehog's eyes widened, but that was only for a split second before the glare returned.

Shadow growled and stormed passed his fiancé and brother. Sonic called out his name and went after him. Shadow didn't look back at him. Sonic felt his heart break and tears form in his eyes as he watched Shadow leave.

———

"Now!" Silver and Sonia had been spying on the couple through one of the windows. Now that Shadow was away from Sonic's side and Eclipse was nearby, everything was ready for their plan. Silver used his telekinesis to move Sonic's and Eclipse's bodies however he wanted. The plan worked out. Shadow was absolutely pissed when he saw his fiancé and brother making out.

"Hey, aunt Sonia!"

Silver got startled by the little girl and lost his focus, also losing his control over the two males. Both adults looked at the little girl who had found them.

"Are you also playing hide and seek?" The little girl asked with a smile.

"Uh yeah.." The magenta hedgehog replied. "Now go hide before they find all three of us." She said. The young chipmunk whispered a quiet 'okay' before running off to find another hiding spot.

Both adults focused back on what was happening inside. They saw how Shadow stormed off in a rage and how Sonic burst out in tears. They high-fived at seeing that their plan had worked. Their joy was short-lived as an angered roar could be heard in the distance.

"SILVER!"

Silver gulped. He was in trouble. His dad was coming towards them. Silver could see the fire in his eyes.

"H-Hey dad." He sweatdropped and smiled nervously. Shadow was growling furiously at him.

"And what have you been doing recently, young man?" The ebony hedgehog asked his son.

"O-Oh n-nothing."

"You can't fool me." Shadow gave the ivory hedgehog a hard push against his chest which made his son land on the ground. "You, both of you, have been trying to get me and Sonic apart! I do not tolerate this behavior! If you can not accept it then turn your back to it, but do not, I repeat, do not interfere with it!" He glared at both of them. "You," Shadow turned to his son who was still on the ground looking fearfully at his father. "If you try to pull off something like this again, I will disown you and never want to see you again! Did I make myself clear?!" Silver nodded. Shadow growled at them one last time before going back to his beloved one.

"Sonic.." The ebony hedgehog was back in the villa where he found his fiancé having a breakdown. His ears lowered at seeing him like that. He shouldn't have left in pure rage but comforted his lover first. He pulled the blue hedgehog in for a hug and held him close as he cried. "Don't cry. I'm not mad at you. You didn't do anything wrong." He said and nuzzled him to show him that everything was alright.

"But-" Eclipse spoke up but went quiet as soon as his brother glared at him.

"Sonic," Shadow cupped his lover's cheeks and wiped his tears away. "Everything is fine. I'm not mad at you. I love you." He softly kissed the other's forehead. "It is not your fault. You did nothing wrong." He pulled Sonic back in his arms.

"B-But I.. th-thought you h-hated.. me.." Sonic said between his sobs.

"I could never hate you." Shadow whispered in his ear as he stroke his quills. "Never."