Chapter 4- it all comes down

Start from the beginning

I stood up. Way too quickly as I had a little dizzy spell. Max walked up to me to steady me and i hugged him. I just held onto him. To calm him down and to also calm the storm brewing in my head.

"Where are they?" I asked Max. My voice laced with Athena's meant I was seeing red. My sister is 15. She's my responsibility right now and I need to make sure she knows that it's ok to wait before you give yourself to your mate. He is yours forever so he should be willing to wait. Forgetting Percy.

"Kim you need to know that.. they, they plan on taking her to their territory and completing the mating ritual there."he says.. I left his embrace raving out of Max's room.

I run around the house trying to find my sisters scent only to lead me to my brothers room. I barge in to find Josey with Cj and two lookalikes.

"I'm guessing these are the twins that are to mate my sister?" I ask looking at them..

They smile and nod. Looking a little too happy. Something tells me they haven't been honest with Josey.

"Sabrina omg omg these are my mates! Can you believe it? How lucky am I?? Two for one! Its insane" she giggles childishly.

"That's Clayton and Chase. Boys, this is my sister, Sabrina." She says all giddy.. all loved up.. high on those hormones.

"Josey. I know you must be happy but these two mutts owe you an explanation" I say. Angry that they betrayed their own cousin and now were betraying my sister.  My sister looked confused. Looking between me and her mates.

"What are you talking about? I know everything there is to know about them. We are not wasting any time. I mean no offence Sab but we've been in here pouring our hearts out to each other while Cj babysits. We aren't like you and him. We are straight solid" she chirps out. Max finally catches up to me just before I drop the bomb.

"So you're aware they have a pregnant shewolf downstairs?" I ask. The twins look at me shocked. Or is it scared? Cj looking all sorts of confused. Then they look at Max and are about ready to kill him. I look at Josey and she looks at me like she got slapped on the face.

"Sab if this is your way of keeping me away from my mates just because you failed to keep yours, this is not the way to do it. It won't work anyway. We want each other and I'm leaving straight after the ball to be with them. You've got no say in that matter!" She lashes out.

Well that stung. That hit the spot and more. I had no come back. I was shocked to hear my sister call me a failure. Is that what everybody saw me as? Did I really fail at keeping my mate? Was it all my fault?

This was a bad idea.  Maybe I should've sat her down first and kicked the testosterone out but what's done is done. I need her thinking straight.

"Josey I'm hurt to hear you think of me as a failure but this isn't some sick ploy to keep you from your mates. I would never do that to you! They slept with Max's mate and knocked her up. Ask him" I said pointing at Max.

"Better yet, ask them. Your mates." I say looking at the two wet cats.

Josey looks at Max, he nods at her without saying anything. She then turns to her mates, who look at her with so much sadness. Then she looks back at me, eyes glassy...

"I didn't.... they didn't.... what?" Josey looks at her mates again. She tries to walk up to them but her legs give out and they rush to catch her. Clayton places her back on the bed and puts a strand behind her ear.

"We were stupid. Idiots. We thought we would never meet our mates. Our father putting pressure on us to choose a mate and take over the pack. We were assholes, lied to Elise and promised her she'd be our luna if she came to bed with us. She was easily manipulated considering Uncle Deacon had exhausted pack funds and girls like Elisa don't like the idea of being penniless." Chase confesses and a low growl can be heard from Max.