08 | transformation

September

It had been a month since I last saw Timothée. I hadn't heard anything from him, Adele asked if I wanted to know and I declined. 

I told myself I didn't mind and I guess the fact that I started my dream course and my dream school helped with that.

Yet when the night crept in so did thoughts of him and when the air scorched I closed my eyes and there he was haunting me with those curls. 

I haven't admitted this to anyone but you, but sometimes I did wonder who was tucking those curls back for him, or stealing his cards or ... yeah it doesn't matter. I still had his Ace. 

A lot of good change has happened as well though, without being distracted it meant that I got to spend a lot more time with my new friends. 

I had become really close with Vivien since we quickly discovered that every time Lou and Adele met up with us to go out the PDA always made us feel like we were intruding. 

I was meeting with Vivien to go have some fun with and then later to meet up with the others.

Léo was supposed to be meeting us later and so were some of our uni friends, I'll introduce you to them later. Promise. 

I walked out of the apartment to see her leant against the wall drinking sunshine. 

"You are so gorgeous Vivien, it's bloody hard to compete." She opened her eyes and grinned. 

"We don't compete, we share baby. Come on let's go! Cara! Do you know what day it is?" She giggled giddy with excitement tugging me by my sleeves to walk.

I remember feeling that giddy. I put the thought away and slapped one a grin. "Saturday?" 

No Timothée was not going to get in the way of another day. I'd only met him twice god Cara get it together.

"It's makeover time!" I stopped dead in my tracks.

Vivien slung her arm over me as I scoffed. "What? How old are we again?"

"Nineteen, but here me out. You said you wanted to change up your look and I think it's time that your exterior matches your interior." 

Hmm, I had been feeling like what I wear most of the time doesn't really match my real style.

"Alright, yeah I'm in." She grabbed my arm and locked it with hers. 

"Cool, let's go get some breakfast and then we can discuss how we're going to approach this."

"Am I going to turn into your project?"

"Oh, I've been infiltrating you since we first met you just didn't know it baby." She said pulling out a polaroid onto the café table. 

It was of me and Léo on our first night out. We looked kinda cool. 

"I think you'd suit brunette baby. You already have dark eyebrows and you're quite tanned, plus it'll be cool with your eyes. Ooh no I've got such a good idea. You're going to hate it." 

She evilly laughed making notes in her journal.

We went into a hair salon after coffee and I stupidly agreed to do this surprise thing were Vivien got to pick my hair cut and everything. 

I was beyond nervous sat in that chair seeing snip of hair coming off and colour going on. The whole morning had made a certain someone's face far less frequent in my mind.

"Ét voila!" Vivien cried as she showed me my reflection. I was brunette and my long hair had been cut short, it was quite drastic compared to my bleach blonde 'good girl' look. 

"Time to shop." She instructed going through each store and picking me out outfits, this time I got to have some input.

 We went back to mine to get ready to go out with the our friends. 

Vivien dried my hair into a big 90s blow out and did my makeup into some sort of mixture of smoky shades and a muted rosy nude lipstick. 

She looked like lightning. I looked like a thunder storm. 

I grabbed my bag, Vivien grabbed my hand and lead me into the night.