03 | rough night

~~~ Hi guys, because I want everyone to be able to read this, when Cara is speaking in Paris assume that she is speaking in French, I am not good at the language and I don't want to completely butcher the book with bad translations. I hope you've been enjoying the setting so far - I wanted you to get a feel for Cara. She's a slow burner, get ready for her to unravel, slowly but surely.

Love you x ~~~

Saturday evening we arrived at the bar to hear a voice calling our names. "Louuu! Caraaa!" 

"Hey, you look amazing!" 

I gestured to Adele's painted blue white overalls with only an electric blue bra underneath and bomber jacket. 

"Oh no, look at you you look like a painting." She winked at me coyly. I shook my head.

"No seriously Cara, you look like a movie star." I laughed at Lou's input.

"Lou, you know I can't take compliments. And you're such a liar I don't look like a movie star. Not at all!"

"But why not?" Adele inquired teaming up against me. "With the black A-line mini, the tights and the heels, you look like you should be on a motorbike or movie set."

"I don't think heels should be considered driving attire." I joked back. They grabbed my hands and tugged me inside to the bar. 

"Everyone this is Cara and Lou, Cara and Lou this is everyone." Adele cooed.

 There was another girl sat down with a fantastic ginger dyed afro, big 70's sunglasses and wearing a huge grin. The girl and a boy sat next to Lou smiled at gestured for me to sit also. 

"Hi, what are your names again?" I asked sitting down.

"I'm Vivien and this is Léo. I love your outfit, by the way, you look like you've arrived from the sixties. I love it." She said thumbing the fabric.

"Thank you! Lou helped me out. How come you guys all know her anyway?" I asked. 

Léo leaned forward a smile playing on his lips. "Adele has a crush on her. She won't stop talking about her." He rolled his eyes. "She spoke about you as well though." 

I frowned and Vivien nodded. "What's she said?" I asked. 

"The obvious." They replied, Léo poured me a glass of wine.

"Spill." I said taking a sip. 

They shared a look and stopped themselves. 

Lou and I got up to get a drink. We got up hearing snippets of conversations, it was harder to pick them apart in a different language though. 

"Where is ...?" Adele asked a boy I hadn't gotten the name of. "I want to introduce them."

"Are you alright?" Lou asked. 

I nodded. "Kind of, it's silly."

She smiled patiently. "Either way, I want to know." She spoke softly.

"When people are speaking about me, it makes me self-conscious. I don't know." 

I tried to rub my eyes without getting mascara everywhere. "Reminds me of ... not good times. I just need a drink." 

Lou nodded. She caught the bartenders attention. "Hi, could I get two rum and cokes, please?" She turned to me. Adele called her back to the table.

"Go! Go!" I shooed her and gave her wink.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yes, of course. Go, I'm going to have a breathe and ask someone if they have some playing cards will you? It always helps me to focus on something when I'm anxious." I insisted.

She kissed me cheek and I turned back to the bar.

"Do you have any cards?" I asked the bartender. 

"I do." A voice behind me answered. 

A voice so close it cause goosebumps against my neck.