"Stop smiling" scrunching my nose in disgust I got up not making an effort to smooth my top or tame my hair.

"You called in sick today Davies?"

I don't respond to his statement like question.

"Any problem in workplace?"

"Nope" I was quick – too early to deny.

"Definitely there is" smugness. I hate it on him, on the other him too. His intense devotion to make sure Eva was in safe hands, the care rendered towards me, the unexplainable tension between us, that damn dress and the insecure me. I couldn't walk there and work with him in a day as if nothing had taken place the day prior. If time and diversion held me from functioning in sync, Then taking up on Olivers offer shouldn't be so ridiculous in thinking.

So it's what I did. I agreed.

Only had I known my adversity stricken luck would generously lag up to me.

That night Oliver wore the tux he does when he auditions for a sophisticated character. Tailored to his custom physique and toned body, the black blazer and grey shirt complimented his blue green eyes.

"Spectacular Davies" he grinned with his commercial tooth on display, absorbing the sea green off shoulder dress I wore, with draped by my waist and thighs it gave the presentation of me donning a size craving figure, which I did because of the hefty amount of breakfast I had skipped in months.

"Consider lucky that I brushed my hair for this" awkward at his compliment I attempted to disperse and divert the praise from me.

"Your hair are naturally healthy and glows for some odd reason even though I had barely seen you nourish or worry about it like other girls do . Its short and trimmed to suit your face- I don't really see what else you could do to make it look better than that. Same goes for your face" he threw out the facts that I knew.

Though a mystery, I couldn't agree more to what he commented. Since I returned from the coma or trauma from the supposed accident- there wasn't a time I had been to a spa or used any kind of product on me, yet I definitely felt the increased moisture and hydration on my skin and scalp. My orb were lighter and lashes thicker.

I speculated it to be in the same ligature of what cause me to develop such weird abilities.

"That's so scandalous of me isn't it?" raising my brow i shift past him then out of the house, a white clutch on hand with my phone in it. My phone with three missed calls from Mr. Yu.

"Lets walk" he jogs, his call reaches from behind, then he falls in step with me.

"Saving money on cab?" I say getting through the sleeve of a purple pea coat that Felix had gifted me on my last birthday. Expensive with the label it was embossed with- at least I had found a liable circumstance to wear it on.

"Nah" he rubs his palms, his breath frosts through the air into smoke before dispersing "It been long since We- you know, like we talked"

"We never talk. We argue"

He smiles, a dimple clefts. Attractive but not as charming as- I thought. But then my wallet felt heavy with the untended calls from Mr.Yu, as if scolding me to scramble my vivacious comparisons.

"Where's the dress from?" he wiggles his brows as I shrugged nonchalantly.

"High school prom"

"It still fits?"

"Fortunately"

"You should eat"

"I know"

"We didn't argue at that. Did we?" he finished then.