dobby nodded and attempted to hit his head on maddy's shoulder, once again being stopped by the brunette.

"what about her? dobby-she hasn't found out about this-about us-about the d.a.?"

harry's questions were answered by the look on dobby's face.

the elf tried to kick himself and fell to the floor.

"stop that," maddy quickly mumbled, getting him off the floor.

"is she coming?" harry asked quietly.

"yes, harry potter, yes!"

the three fifth-years gave each other a look before looking up, noticing everyone else motionless, terrified as they gazed at dobby.

"what are you waiting for?" harry bellowed.

"run!" phoebe exclaimed.

everyone in the room of requirement ran for the door, scrambling and heading in random directions, some hoping to get to their common rooms in time.

"harry, come on!"

phoebe and maddy ran towards the same corridor, but draco stopped them, casting a tripping hex on the younger twin.

the blonde was about to shout something, but he noticed who he had found and ran away before saying anything.

maddy quickly helped phoebe up, but they didn't get far.

pansy's shrieks erupted from behind them.

"found two, professor!" pansy raised her voice, and umbridge gave her the orders to take the taylor twins to dumbledore's office.

when they got there, the room was full of people.

"miss parkinson, please go check the girl's bathroom," professor umbridge ordered as she walked in with harry.

percy glanced up for a second from his notes, his eyebrows furrowing as he spotted maddy.

"well, well, well," cornelius fudge began.

"they were heading back to the gyrffindor tower. the malfoy boy cornered him, and well, you saw who cornered the girls."

"did he, did he? i must remember to tell lucius," he said, ignoring umbridge's last comment. "well, potter, taylor's, i expect you know why you're here?"

"we have amazing grades so you want to award us?"

the office fell silent as everyone took in what maddy said.

"wait-never mind. harry's here so that isn't it," she chuckled to herself, earning a playful glare from the boy.

"well, do you?" fudge repeated his question.

"ye-no," harry changed his response halfway.

"i beg your pardon?"

"no," harry said more firmly.

"you don't know why you're here?"

"no, i don't."

"uh huh, and what about you two? i suppose-"

"not a clue," maddy interrupted.

"no," phoebe shrugged.

fudge switched his sight from the teenagers to professor umbridge, so they took the chance and glanced over at dumbledore, who gave the carpet a small nod and wink.

"so you have no idea why professor umbridge has brought you to this office? you are not aware that you have broken any school rules?"

"school rules?"

"nope," the twins said in unison, popping the p.

"or ministry decrees?" fudge started getting angry.

"not that i'm aware of," harry answered blandly.

"so it's news to you three, is it?" that an illegal student organization has been discovered within this school?"

"oh really? who would do such a thing," maddy feigned innocence, glad that the random advice sirius and remus had thrown out during the vacation was working.

"i think, minister, we might make better progress if i fetch our informant."

"yes, yes, do. there is nothing like a good witness, is there, dumbledore?"

"nothing at all, cornelius," the headmaster inclined his head.

minutes later, professor umbridge barged in with a ravenclaw girl.

"don't be scared, dear, don't be frightened."

"she will be when you talk to her like that," maddy scoffed.

"you have done the right thing. the minister is very pleased with you. he'll be telling your mother what a good girl you've been. marietta's mother, minister, is madam edgecombe from the department of magical transportation. floo network office-she's been helping us police the hogwarts fires, you know."

"jolly good, jolly good! like mother, like daughter, eh? well, come on, now, dear, look up, don't be shy, let's hear what you've got to-galloping gargoyles!"

as marietta showed her face, fudge jumped back, almost landing in the fire. all along her face, there was a series of close-set purple pustules that had spread across her nose and cheeks to form the word 'sneak'.

"never mind the spots, dear. just take the robes away from your mouth and tell the minister-"

umbridge was interrupted by the girl who was hiding her face. she gave another muffled wail and frantically shook her head.

"oh, very well, you silly girl. i'll tell him."

the toad proceeded to tell everyone what marietta had gone to tell her after dinner and how she ended up with the purple pustules.

the adults began arguing, using evidence to back up whatever their point was.

while they were all distracted, the young trio smiled at each other, proud of hermione's jinxing abilities.

after some more arguing, professor umbridge addressed marietta.

"just nod or shake your head, dear. come on, now, that won't activate the jinx any further."

much to their surprise, the ravenclaw girl shook her head.

umbridge tried to get marietta to nod her head, but couldn't so she began shaking her very hard, causing the other teachers in the office to become rather angry.

soon enough, a piece of parchment was pulled out.

the one all the students involved in the d.a. had signed, but dumbledore took the blame because it was named after him, not potter's army or taylor's army.

and as of that night, albus dumbledore was no longer headmaster of hogwarts.

dolores umbridge replaced him.

word count- 1470
date written- october 31, 2020

not me being too lazy to write all the dialogue
^this is exactly why the ending is shitty : )