Chapter 53

Continuing from the last part...

Mahir :

Mahir - thanks.. can we be friends?

Pragathi - yeah sure.. now eat!

Mahir - yeah

I smiled and resumed eating, few minutes later we went back to my room, like always I slept on the couch and she on the bed.

Pragathi - mahir ji you can sleep on the bed.. I mean I'll take the couch

Mahir - that's ok Pragathi, I'm kind off used to sleep on couch so I'm fine.. you sleep, good night

Pragathi - good night..

We soon dozed off while my thoughts again drifted to Bela.

Bela :

It's been two years I'm here, here in this village which isn't my place. I still don't know what happened that day, but all I know was Ramesh uncle saw me lying unconscious and he said my head was bleeding a lot.

They took me to the small hospital near by that village and my condition was critical then. How did I even land there? No one knows.. I don't know coz I don't remember anything.

Uncle said I got consious after ten days and then I'm suffering from amnesia since then. The doctor also told that I had abortion.. it means I was pregnant, I was gonna be a mother.. I observed the nuptial chain in my neck, I'm married.. who is my husband? I don't know anything.

I feel so helpless, except that my name is Bela I don't remember anything about my life. May be I had a happy family too, there's another one gonna come but all this, was is an accident? Might be..

Two years, I'm staying with Ramesh uncle who saved me that day along with his wife sarada. I feel I'm a burden to them now. I can't stay here anymore.

After a lot of difficulty I convinced them and now I'm on the way to Mumbai, even if I don't get my family back I should live independently.. I don't want to depend on anyone for my helplessness.

Soon after a few hours I reached Mumbai, I went to the government school which I'm going to work from now. I even took a small flat there with Ramesh uncle's help.

Everything was good, it's already been a week now that I came to Mumbai but one day I was crossing the road I saw a car approaching a girl and she seems unaware of it.

I quickly went and pushed that girl away and in that process I fell down and got my leg injured.

Girl - omg! I'm so sorry, you are hurt coz of me

She said worriedly.

Bela - that's ok I'm fine

She looked at me weirdly but I least cared, my leg was already paining badly. She helped me stand up.

Girl - I'm pragathi

Bela - I'm Bela.. I'll leave now

Pragathi - no.. I mean you are injured and also coz of me, let's first go to hospital

Bela - no, thanks but I'm ok

Pragathi - see I'm not gonna listen to you.. it's paining right I know, please come with me

I nodded and she took me and made me sit in the passenger seat of her car, she took her phone and I saw her typing something.. she then came and sat and drove to the hospital. The journey was silent and once we reached the hospital she helped me reach the ward and she called the doctor.

Mahir :

Next day as usual I got ready and went to office, Pragathi informed me that she's going to meet her mom today.

I reached my office and in the next hour I received a message from Pragathi. Strange, we never spoke on call nor texted eachother. Thinking it to be important I opened her message.

Mahir ji please come to city hospital right now, it's really urgent.. I'll tell you everything later, come fast

Hospital? Why is she asking me to come to the hospital? Is she fine, or.. I stopped assuming things and immediately took my things and left to the hospital. Every second I was being scared of why she called me to the hospital.

I soon reached and called her, she asked me to come to the reception and I did the same.

Mahir - pragathi is everything alright? Why did to call me to the hospital?

Pragathi - mahir ji everyone and everything is fine, you just come with me

I just followed her and she took me to some room and I looked inside and was surprised at what I saw. Bela, my Bela.. she's here in front of me. I felt my eyes getting moist, this time it's happy tears. I looked at Pragathi and she smiled at me.

Mahir - Bela?

Pragathi - yes mahir ji, I met her few minutes back

She said me everything and may be none can be happy than me right now. I slowly made my way in the room and I saw doctor leaving the room telling Pragathi something, may be about Bela's injured leg.

I saw Bela was trying to get up and so I immediately went and caught when she was going to fall as her leg still paining I guess. I held her by her shoulder from behind and she still dint look at me.

Slowly she turned and looked at me and we both were indeed lost in eachother for a while. She then slowly stood properly and took a step back.

Bela - thank you

To be continued...

____________________

So a very very early update coz after reading your comments on the previous part I felt I shouldn't make you all wait anymore!!

Many assumed that Pragathi might be Bela, but no.. they have there individual roles 😅.. with pragathi's entry and her being mahir's wife doesn't change my story and it will still remain a BeHir story itself. Just trust your writer..

I felt many dint like pragathi's entry here, if so now I can't change the story but do tell me, I'll atleast end it as soon as possible.. so let me know what you guys feel about a little turn took place in the story.

So like always keep showering your love and vote and comment your views about the part..! ❤️