CHAPTER 30: Freedom

Author's Playlist:
1. At My Worst - Pink Sweat$
2. Our First Song - Joseph Vincent
3. Selfish - Madison Beer
4. Wrong Direction - Hailee Steinfeld

---

"I really don't think this is a good idea, Chaeyoung."

"You're the only one I can rely on right now, so please don't say that," Chaeyoung pouts. "If I had a choice, you know I wouldn't dare come here."

Jennie frowns. Her heart aches for the young girl and the situation she's in right now. She suddenly feels ashamed of what she said. All she needs to do is sit with Chaeyoung, reassure her that everything's fine, and help her get out of here as soon as this is over.

But here she is, complaining only about the littlest things like the discomfort caused by the crowd of fan girls' staring and whispering.

Ironic, when she was so obsessed and fantasized this so many times before. Now that she's actually here, all she wants to do is tuck herself inside her Chanel bag and hide there until the concert is over.

"I'm sorry Chae, I promise you won't hear any complaints from me anymore tonight." Jennie cutely pouts which makes Chaeyoung smile a little.

"No, unnie," Chaeyoung shakes her head. "Thank you for coming with me. Don't worry, these girls will lose their shit once the concert starts; they'll forget there's 2 BLACKPINK girls here and-"

"Uhm, excuse me," two teenage girls suddenly went up to the two. "C-can we ask for your autograph? We're really big fans of BLACKPINK too-Wah! How can you unnies be so pretty?!"

"Thank you," Chaeyoung quickly displays an effortlessly sweet smile for them. "Do you have a pen and paper?"

The girls sign on the notebooks and even write sweet and personal messages, much to the delight of the young fans.

Just before they leave, one of the girls, although hesitant at first, initiates a conversation with Chaeyoung again. "Uhm, unnie..."

"Yes?" Chaeyoung simply smiles.

"I just want to say that I support you and Jungkook-oppa's relationship." Chaeyoung's smile falters. "Really, I've been a fan since their debut and he looks happiest right now. So thank you, unnie. Thank you for making our oppa really happy and loved."

"Ah, yes."

"Anyway girls, we hope you enjoy the concert!" Jennie cuts in and bids the fans goodbye. "Chaeyoung, are you-"

"I'm okay, unnie." Chaeyoung firmly says, but Jennie knows how fat a lie that is with how quick her eyes had reddened and moisten.
But because she also knows how stubborn Chaeyoung can be, she just lets her be. "Okay, but when you really can't take it anymore, just give me a nudge and will leave at once. Okay?"

"Okay, wifey." This time, Jennie is successful on getting a genuine smile from Chaeyoung.

---

"Pfft-Pff-BWAHAHAHAHA!" Chaeyoung couldn't contain herself anymore as she sees Jennie's expression. "Unnie, what kind of face is that? You look like you're dying to poop!"

Truth be told, Jennie's face is all scrunched up-her brows are tightly knitted, her red cheeks are about to burst, and her lips are about to be massacred by her own teeth. She s sweating buckets all over her flushed skin.

But could you blame her?

When Jimin just fucking decided to do tons of extremely sinful body rolls and abs-flashing in front of her?!