CHAPTER 15: Fine

Tonight is evidently warmer than it has been a month ago. Perhaps, it's an indication of the nearing end of winter and the start of spring. Or it could be the little campfire in the backyard that's deliciously creating s'mores.

Or maybe it's just the heated discussion between the two maknaes of the two most celebrated idol groups, as if it was a matter of life-and-death.

"Of course Korean food is the superior cuisine when it comes to spicy dishes, that's not even debatable," Jungkook utters.

"Excuse me?" Lisa asks in disbelief. "I dare you to say that again!"

Jungkook scowls at her, "Korean food is the superior cui-"

"It was a figure of speech! I didn't mean it in a literal sense you dumbass-"

Two figures each shake their head in an unplanned, synchronized movement as both are dumbfounded with the sight in front of them.

"I can't believe you're into her," Chaeyoung jokingly says.

"I could say the same to you," Bambam retorts to which Chaeyoung just laughs at, guilty as charged.

"You know what? Let's just put this to a vote," Lisa exclaims, getting tired of the boy's rebuttals.

Chaeyoung on the side shakes her head, a smirk is placed on her face. So you've met your match Lalice, kekeke!

"Bammie," she smiles sweetly at her boyfriend, "who serves better spicy dishes—Koreans or Thais?"

"Thais," he answers, not even hesitating for a second.

"That's not even valid. He's Thai and your boyfriend—"

"I vote for Thai food too," Chaeyoung cutely intercepts, her left hand fully raised in the air. "I just really love Thai spices, heh."

"You were saying?" Lisa asks, her arms crossed smugly, further annoying the other maknae.

"I guess I can give it a try if you all really think that Thai spicy dishes are better," the guy pouts, poking his spoon in the bowl of Tom Yum Kung.

Lisa's grin grows even wider. Yeah right you give up. You're just so whipped for her, that's what.

---

"Noona, should we harmonize starting at the second verse? I think it will sound fuller if we do that."

"Yeah sure, let's do it. Piece of chicken!"

"Ah noona, I really missed you and your chicken jokes," said the tall and dashing man.

"Maybe you wouldn't have to miss me if you invited me out for some chimaek!" the older girl sulks.

"Oh come on Jisoo-noona," he nudges her by the elbow, "you earn much more than I do. It's you who should treat me."

"Ah Doyoung-ah, it's been a while but you still have a smart mouth," Jisoo shakes her head.

Alas, it has really been a while since the two have met.

After their gig as emcees at Inkigayo ended, the two became busy with their own schedules that it was hard for them to meet. They did try to meet once or twice a year, but there are 365 days in a year—do the math.

Today, thanks to the same music show, they finally get to hang out again.

The show is on its 35th year and they'll be having a special concert featuring the hottest artists of various generations. To make the night even more nostalgic, they will also bring in the previous emcees whom will have their own collaborative stages as well.