CHAPTER 27: Trophy

Author's Playlist
1. Moonlight - Ariana Grande
2. If It Kills Me -  Jason Mraz
3. I Love You 3000 II - Stephanie Poetri & Jackson Wang
4. Liar - LÉON

---

High heels clicking on plush red carpet and thousands of cameras snapping with their wild, blinding flashes—it's a scene that the girls have found themselves in countless times and yet, their hearts still jump in excitement every time they step out and smile for the crowd.

"Jisoo! To your right please!" Jisoo tucks her hair carefully behind her ear and waves at the cameras.

"Lisa! Lisa! How are the wedding preparations going? Heard you and Bambam have been arguing about the wedding singer?" Lisa turns away and flaunts her diamond ring to the other paparazzi instead, deliberately ignoring the girl who asked a personal question.

How did she even know that?

Lisa's anger boils at the reminder. It was just last night when she and her fiancé fought on whether Akdong Musician's Lee Su-hyun or an upcoming Thai rapper will be the official singer at their wedding.

She won in the end, of course.

"Hi Jennie!"

"Hi!" Jennie happily replies. "I've seen you before, haven't I?"

"Yes!" The female reporter squeals. "Is your dress from the latest Chanel collection?"

"You got it," Jennie winks, much to the delight of the photographers.

"Here! Look here, Rosé! To your left please!" Chaeyoung gracefully turns to the man and strikes a pose for him. "Who are you wearing tonight, Rosé?"

"Alexander McQueen. Isn't it beauti—" but before she could finish her sentence, her voice gets drowned by the communal screaming of women.

She's got an idea already on what just happened. Still, Chaeyoung helps herself and takes a peek at the newcomers. She smirks when she sees seven men stepping out of the van.

Her eyes automatically do some searching. And when she sees him, oh dear Lord does she almost drool in front of everyone.

Chaeyoung wastes no time and lets her eyes feast on Jungkook. She lets her eyes lust over his custom-fit Yves Saint Laurent suit and the white crisp polo inside that is fashionably unbuttoned, enough for a glimpse of his firm chest. He looks lean yet muscular in the navy blue ensemble.

He looks so delectable... I just want to jump at him and tear that suit—

"Holy Shit!" She curses. She is so distracted by his dapper looks that she gets a mini heart attack when Lisa pokes her at her waist. "Close your mouth. It's embarrassing and it's time to go."

"Y-yeah," Chaeyoung stammers. Mortified that she have been caught ogling at her boyfriend, with perhaps a hundred of shots of the moment taken. She quickly spins to the other side to leave.

But of course being the clumsy Chaeyoung that she is, her left foot gets caught in the tail of her evening dress and she stumbles forward.

The bloody red carpet flashes before her eyes and she could already imagine the articles being written at this moment—BLACKPINK Rosé Redefines Drop-Dead Gorgeous After Seeing Boyfriend BTS Jungkook!

Thump!

Chaeyoung shuts her eyes close, waiting for the impact and the utter humiliation.

But something's wrong... Her knees aren't dropped to the floor. Her palms are not spread out on the carpet. Instead, her back is pressed against a sturdy wall of support and a strong arm wraps around her waist.