Chapter Seven

After the breakfast dishes were cleared, Noel and Jasmine, or rather Holly, sat in their Christmas pajamas watching "Charlie Brown Christmas".

"I swear, I don't care how old I get, this is forever a favorite of mine!" Noel said

"Of course, it's just not Christmas without it!"

"Hey, you never told me what happened with Dallas' sister!" Noel said. "She was pretty quiet at dinner last night."

"Oh, yeah, that's Quinn for ya. Of course she's also 2 months pregnant soooo -"

"You're kidding! She's really pregnant?!"

"Yep. And she's only 18 so you can imagine. . .hey, what's that noise?"

"I don't know, it sounds like it's coming from outside." said Noel

Holly got up & made her way over to the big picture window in their living room.

"Oh my God!"

Noel could feel herself panicking, "What? What is it?"

Holly turned around smiling from ear to ear. "It's more like, who is it!"

"What? Let me see. . ." Noel replied as she barged past her still smiling sister.

That's when she saw him. Anthony, all bundled up and building a snow fort in their front yard, just like they used to do when they were together. Childlike fun was always their favorite.

"Go get him!" Holly said with a laugh.

And she did. After a quick change of clothes, Noel bundled up in her coat and burst out the front door, smiling instantly when Anthony looked up and locked eyes with hers.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a giggle.

"Well, I remember you always saying how much you loved to play in the snow, and God knows we did it enough times, so I thought I'd bring you that one . . .one last time."

Noel smiled sadly, her heart simultaneously pounding with joy and excitement as well as sadness & anxiety.

But, in the spirit of Christmas, she wasn't going to be the Debbie Downer in this. She was going to have fun and enjoy every moment she could.

"You better hope that fort can protect you!"

"Wha - oh Lord!"

And just like that, Noel pelted him with the snowball she'd been packing.

"Ahh! Oh get ready for payback woman!" Anthony yelled as Noel ran to him, tackling him down into the snow and lobbing another snowball at him.

"Okay, okay, truce! I give up!" Anthony laughed

"Okay, fine, but we agree I win!" an out of breath Noel replied.