The Spear of Selene

Start from the beginning

They walked to a small area on the beach that looked to be a place for people to watch others compete. Zeus was on a throne, using hydria's, or Greek vases, to explain his story. "Ithaquack was the secret vacation spot for gods and heroes. And I was the God of Hospitality. The King of the Beach. Everyone loved me. Then Scrooge showed up. Defeated the unkillable Gorgon, found the lost treasure of Troy, was really good at building sand castles. Bah!" Zeus explained. "Seems pretty fun." Louie said. "'Twas." Storkules said as he held up a hydria of him and Donald being best friends. "No, it twasn't!" Zeus said, stomping his foot. "Scrooge showed up like he was so cool and ruined it!" Zeus whined.

"Ugh, jengs. Leave it to an immortal to whine about the good old days. So, where is everyone?" Scrooge asked. "They all left when you did. Said they didn't want to party with a 'lame god' who couldn't even beat a lowly mortal." Zeus answered. Scrooge picked up a hydria that depicted Zeus raining down lightning to everyone. "There may have also been a year-long storm." Zeus admitted. Huey and Louie looked at the hydria, but Charlotte didn't move. She couldn't. She was keeping her eyes on Zeus. Why? Why does he remind me so much of them? I don't want to remember.

In a desperate attempt to keep herself calm, she shifted her focus to Donald and Storkules. "But now that you have returned, Storkules, noble Donald, and his fiery sister-halt." Storkules looked around. "Where is Della?" Donald looked at Huey and Louie before lowering his head. "I see. Then we shall embark upon a rousing adventure to honor our fallen compatriot!" Storkules said. "I don't adventure anymore." Donald said. "What!? But adventure is the very blood in your veins! Well, we must at least hold a feast to celebrate your return!" Huey and Louie cheered at the news. "What?" Scrooge and Zeus asked. Yeah, what? "Father, surely the God of Hospitality would not cast out a crew of weary travelers." Storkules said while petting Donald. "Well, no, I guess not." Zeus said. Storkules laughed. "It shall be a bacchanal for the ages! Beach party!" Storkules yelled out as Huey and Louie cheered.

Some time passed, and everyone was just sitting around while a harp was being played by a Pegasus. This is a party? It's worst than Huey's party for Mr. McDuck's birthday. Louie was the only one enjoying the party, as he was eating what he considered to be the best grapes. Scrooge ate a single chip that Zeus offered. "A little salty." Scrooge commented. Zeus flipped a cooler in anger, nearly missing Huey, Louie, Charlotte, and Donald. Charlotte had curled up into a ball at the sudden action, slightly shaking. "Dip's not good enough for you, mortal!? You offend Olympus!" Zeus yelled out to Scrooge. "Maybe people didn't leave because they liked me, but because they didn't like you." Scrooge said.

Everyone had gone quiet, even the Pegasus leaving while whistling. Please, don't make him more angry. Please! Storkules jumped in. "Ha-ha! Perhaps some festive beach games will lighten the mood." Storkules suggested. "Yes! A contest! Your family versus mine in a series of heroic trials. Yea, all will know that we are the superior party hounds and return to the island!" Zeus agreed. He turned around to see Scrooge guiding the kids away back to the plane. "This is exactly why we stopped vacationing here." Scrooge said. Thank you, Mr. McDuck. I want to leave. "But, guys, epic trials! Zeus!" Huey said. "Delicious grapes!" Louie added. Thunder crackled as an electric dome surrounded them, preventing them from leaving. "You're not going anywhere." Zeus said. Huey and Louie cheered. "Ah, phooey." Scrooge and Donald said. Please, no.

As they got ready for the first trial, Huey and Louie were put into tunics. "Oh, I love these tunics. It's so breezy, so comfortable." Louie said. "And surprisingly slimming." Huey added. "Storkules may have brute strength, but he's also an idiot. You lads can use that to your advantage. I believe in you all." Scrooge turned to Charlotte. "Lass, are you sure you don't want to compete?" Scrooge asked. Charlotte desperately nodded her head. Scrooge could sense fear in her, and it worried him. "You lads go to your Uncle Donald and get ready." Huey and Louie nodded and made their way to Donald.