The Missing Links of Moorshire

Start from the beginning

Glomgold tried to pick up his bag of golf clubs, but ultimately failed. He then set his eyes on Louie, who was still looking at his phone. "You there! Green one! How would you like the honor of caddying under the great Flintheart Glomgold?" Glomgold asked. "Eh." Louie said. "A chance to bask in the collective glory of victory?" Glomgold asked again. "Blergh." Louie stated. Glomgold took out some money. "I tip by the hole." This caught Louie's attention. "Ehh, if I'm gonna be bored, I may as well get paid for it." Louie said as he walked over and grabbed the money from Glomgold's hands. "Ha! Your own nephew's abandoning you! Soon, there'll be nobody left to support you." Both Scrooge and Glomgold gasped as fireworks we're set off into the sky, creating an image of Scrooge's face. "Sorry. Timer went off early." Webby said as she blew her horn.

Everyone took their places as the first hole was about to begin. Charlotte was watching, but could also hear Huey and Launchpad commentate to what was going on. "Here we are, moments away from the Classic's opening coin toss. Glomgold, now, very obviously switching the official coin for one that has 'heads' on both sides." Huey commentated. "Very sneaky." Launchpad said. "He tosses the double-headed coin, and Glomgold has called tails." Huey said. "What!? Aah!" Glomgold yelled out. "Glomgold, clearly embarrassed, now trying to throw the coin into the ocean." Huey said. "He does not make it." Launchpad said. "Scrooge, desperate to move things along, has agreed to let Glomgold 'win' the coin toss." Huey said. "Wow, what a game! See ya next time, everyone!" Launchpad said, getting off the kart. "It hasn't even-Launchpad!" Huey said.

Glomgold took his position, preparing to hit the ball. "That coin toss was only the beginning, Scrooge! The moment of reckoning is at hand, and lo..." Scrooge groaned. "We've got another ten minutes of gloating before he takes a shot. Let's work on your drive." Scrooge said, walking away with Dewey, Webby, and Charlotte following after him. "Hey, get back here! I'll show you how a real golfer would play this hole!" Glomgold yelled out, but nobody listened as they continued to walk away.

In a separate area, Dewey was helping the golf club while Scrooge was teaching him the proper stance for a good swing. Charlotte was taking notes in her head the whole time. "Focus. Filter out all distractions."
"Go, Scrooge!" Webby yelled out. Scrooge gasped in surprise at the sudden yell. Charlotte jumped a bit before smiling and shaking her head. "Now remember, hips back, shoulders down. Tail tucked. Controlled swing." Dewey whacked the ball as hard as he could, sending the ball pretty far. Wow! On his first try! Dewey looked at Scrooge. "Was that okay?" Dewey asked. "Ha-ha! You're a natural! A little unpolished, sure, but if we can focus that swing, you'll be almost as good as me one day." Scrooge said. "Really?" Dewey asked hopefully. "With a teacher like you, he could be even better!" Webby said. "Really!?" Dewey asked even more hopefully. "Or, you know, nearly as good, but not quite. After years of hard work and practice. No need to get the boy's hopes up." Scrooge said. Charlotte weakly smiled. He's not wrong to not get his hopes up too high. Still, I sense that this will backfire somehow. Charlotte slightly shook her head. No. Be positive. No negative thoughts. Today is a day to relax and have fun.

"Scrooge! Quit stalling! You're up!"

Scrooge grabbed his club and made his way to the ball. "Scrooge, the returning champion, approaching the first hole." Huey said to a camera installed to the kart. Launchpad returned, eating a hot dog on the way back. "He's probably worried Glomgold will use his one free tackle before the speed round in the third quarter." What? "What do you think is happening here?" Huey asked. "One heck of a game!" Launchpad answered. Why did he choose Launchpad again?

Scrooge looked back to see Webby waving her sign around as Charlotte and Dewey both gave Scrooge a thumbs up. Scrooge smiled before putting his focus back to the ball, prepping himself to swing. "Taking his time with the shot." Huey said. "Tell me about it. Just hit the ball!" Louie's shout scared Scrooge enough to accidentally hit the ball and send it off course. Louie! "Ouch. And it's deep in the rough." Huey said. Glomgold laughed. "Nice shot, Scroogey! Decide to take a shortcut through the weeds?" Scrooge didn't pay any attention to him as he went to retrieve his ball. Charlotte rolled her eyes at Glomgold as she, Dewey, and Webby followed Scrooge.