13

WARNING: Child abuse, homophobia

3rd person POV

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU FUCKING FAG!" Richie's mother screeched as she advanced towards her son.
"But- but mom-" Richie was crying now. Sobbing. Great, ugly tears cascaded down his cheeks and his heart felt like it was being ripped out of his chest.

"I said GET OUT!"
Richie scrambled away from the terrifying woman in front of him, and bolted blindly for an exit. In the heat of the moment, he didn't think to pack a bag, he just swung open the door and ran out into the night, his body shaking uncontrollably. He was an emotional wreck.

Richie's sight began to blur as his legs carried him to the only place he knew he would be accepted, the only place he associated with safety.

Safety. What a foreign fucking concept.

Eddie POV

Ping! Ping! Someone's throwing rocks at my window. I stumble over to it, rubbing sleep from my eyes as I haul it open.
"Richie what the fuck? It's 2am- oh my god are you alright?" I exclaim, sticking my arms out and hauling Richie's quivering body inside.

I realise Richie may not want to talk about whatever has put him in this state just yet, so I do the only thing I can think of, I grab Richie's shoulders and pull him in to a hug.

[Ha bet u thought they were gonna kiss didn't u, all in good time ;)]

"Hey, hey, shhh, you're okay. You're safe now." I whisper into his ear, playing with his hair as he sobs into my shoulder. It hurts me so much to see him like this, if only he knew. If only he knew how much I loved him.

Richie seems to calm down, as his sobs turn into sniffles, and he slowly, slowly, pulls away from the hug.

"E-Eddie, I was k-kicked out. I can't go back,
n-not ever. I- I told my mum that- I told her that-"
"You told her what, Rich?" I ask gently, moving a hand to his cheek and wiping away his tears with my thumb.
"Eddie I- I'm.... gay," He stutters, eyebrows furrowing with anxiety as he looks into my eyes to try and read my reaction.

"R-really?" Now i'm the one stuttering. He nods slightly. "So am I..." A small smile tugs at Richie's lips, seeming out of place on the boy who was having a panic attack just a minute ago.

"One more thing..." Richie starts, the smile fading just as quickly as it had appeared. "I... I like you Eddie. As more than a friend. I have since 5th grade, and I know it might be wrong, and I might be fucking everything up, but I had to tell you. I think I might have exploded if I didn't.

Wait... What... Did he just... Oh my god! Richie likes me back!

I gasp in complete and utter shock, scanning Richie's face for any sign he might be lying, pulling some stupid prank like Richie would.

"I'm not joking, Eds," He whispers, and what he does next takes me completely by surprise. He cups my cheek with his right hand, resting the other on my hip as he closes his eyes and slowly leans in, pressing our lips together.

Startled, I pull away immediately and look at Richie. Hurt is clearly evident in his eyes and he goes bright red.
"Eddie I-i'm sorry, I just thought-" But I wasn't listening. My mind suddenly computes what happened and I surge forward, connecting our lips once again.

Nothing, nothing, has ever felt so right. The feeling of Richie's lips against mine puts me in pure bliss, and I wrap my arms around his neck, playing with the curls at the back of his head.

I never want this feeling to cease, but all too soon we have to pull away for air, and I rest my forehead against his, still with my eyes closed.
"I like you too," I breathe, and Richie chuckles.
"Oh really? I thought you just did that as a bro thing," he responds.
"Just shut up and kiss me," I say, pulling him in by his collar.

_______________

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! i hope y'all have a great time :D

i couldn't be bothered to do a halloween themed update lmao so u get this piece of shit.

alsooo tysm for 600 reads!!!