48

3rd person POV

"Okay... never have I ever kissed anyone," Eddie said confidently, immediately regretting it when everyone put down a finger.
"WHAT? There's no way you've all kissed someone," Eddie said, cheeks flushing red with embarrassment.
"Aww little Eddie Spaghetti's a virgin!" Richie teased, smirking at him from across the circle the Losers were sat in.
"Shut the fuck up Richie! We're all virgins you dumbass, I just haven't... kissed anyone," His voice noticeably quietened at the last part, he was obviously embarrassed. Richie thought it was cute as fuck.

"Fine, let's play a different game. Eddie obviously wins anyway," Bev said, forcing Richie to look away from the flustered boy opposite him.
"It's not my fault my mom's so overprotective!" Eddie protested, earning a laugh from Stan.
"More like abusive," He replied, and Eddie was quick to flip him off.
"G-god let's j-ju-just play truth o-or dare before e-eddie k-k-kills someone," Bill stuttered, and everyone eventually agreed.

"I'm going first!" Bev squealed, before turning to look directly at Richie and smirking. Oh fuck.
"Rich, truth or dare,"
"Dare, obviously," Richie responded in seconds, though the worry over what would come next was clearly evident on his face.
"I dare you to kiss Eddie," Bev declared easily, before leaning back and folding her arms triumphantly like she didn't just ruin Eddie's entire life with one sentence.
"What?" Eddie exclaimed, obviously tensing, "But I've... I've never-"
Richie finally said something, over the initial shock of the dare and back to his usual sarcastic self.
"Why? Scared you'll fuck up and I won't love you anymore? Don't worry Eds, I'll never stop loving you," He said with a wink. Eddie went so crimson the Losers half expected literal steam to pour from his ears as his hands balled into fists in his lap.
"Shut the fuck-"
"Oh my god," Stanley shouted over Eddie's shouting.
"Richie, are you gonna do it or not?"

Richie looked at Stan, and then quickly back at Eddie, before sighing and getting up. Eddie hoped to god he was going to forfeit. It's not that he didn't want to kiss Richie - please, he's had a crush on the boy pretty much from day one - he just didn't want to fuck up.
"Sure, I'll do it," Richie replied, almost easily. Eddie's eyes widened and he gulped as Richie moved across the circle, towards him. "I'm not gonna forfeit, I'm no pussy,"

Ben and Mike (who were sat next to Eddie in the circle) shuffled further away to give the boys some space, and Ben made some comment asking if 'anyone wanted popcorn to watch the show', but Eddie barely noticed as Richie finally reached him. He made to stand up, but Richie lightly pressed his hand down on his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.
"You just sit there and look pretty Eds, I'll do all the work,"
"But I- I don't know what-"
"Don't worry," Richie smiled softly at him, something rarely witnessed by anyone, let alone the boy he spent his life teasing, "This is your first kiss, i'm gonna make sure it's a fucking good one,"

Despite Richie's reassuring words, Eddie still wasn't sure what he was expected to do in this situation, so he just sat back, outstretched his legs and allowed Richie to sit in his lap. The taller boy carefully shuffled closer until their faces were just inches apart, and Eddie's entire body stiffened with nerves as he looked up into Richie's warm brown eyes. Richie obviously noticed this, because that uncommon smile was suddenly back again and he rested his hands on Eddie's cheeks, gently stroking the warm skin with his thumbs.
"No need to be nervous Spaghetti, you're doing fine,"
This seemed to work, as Eddie's breathing thinned out until it eventually became steady and even.
"Get on with it already!" Mike shouted at them, and Eddie had honestly forgotten anyone else was even in the clubhouse. Richie whipped his head around and scowled angrily at Mike, who put up his hands in mock surrender, before turning back around to Eddie. His expression softened completely as he looked down at the boy avoiding his eyes.
"Hey, look at me," Richie whispered, just loud enough for Eddie to hear. When Eddie's gaze didn't move from the point on the floor he was focused on, Richie carefully tilted his head upwards until he was at the perfect height for Richie to close the gap between them. And so he did.

Eddie's furrowed eyebrows relaxed and his eyes fluttered closed as they kissed, and although it was a messy first kiss Eddie was sure he'd never felt so happy in his entire life. The rest of the world seemed to melt away as they continued, and Eddie wrapped his arms around Richie's waist, pulling him even closer. Richie of course took this as a sign and tangled one of his hands in Eddie's soft hair, pulling gently on the strands. Okay, now Eddie was definitely in heaven. The asthmatic boy slipped his hands underneath the back of Richie's shirt, making Richie shiver and smile into the kiss.

"GUYS!!" Someone screeched and they both plummeted back to reality, Richie quickly pulling away and getting of Eddie, wiping his mouth and shifting from foot to foot nervously.
"Oh my g-god you guys, we s-sa-said you could stop l-like five minutes a-ago!" Bill exclaimed, but Eddie was lost for words. And, astonishingly, it looked like Richie was as well. He sat down next to Eddie (who was now incredibly aware of how close Richie was to him) and the Losers kept playing the game, as if they'd forgotten the kiss altogether. Eddie hoped they had.

"So, did you like it?" Richie asked, leaning back on his hands and stretching his legs out in front of him.
"What?" Eddie asked, switching his gaze from Mike who was just dared by Stan to lick the floor to the boy next to him.
"The kiss," Richie said easily, as if it was obvious, "I mean, it was your first, so... did you like it?"
"Oh- uh- yeah I guess it wasn't bad..." Eddie trailed off, feeling his cheeks warming.
"Ha! I knew it," Richie laughed, ruffling Eddie's hair, "You just can't get enough of me can you Eds?"
"Oh my god stop talking shit and let me sit in your lap," Eddie huffed. Richie smiled, spreading his legs just enough for Eddie to crawl in between them. The younger boy got comfy before resting his back against Richie's chest, glad that the other Losers were just carrying on with the game and not paying them any attention. Besides, they probably suspected the two were dating by now anyways.

Eddie laid his head back on Richie's shoulder, looking up at him and actually smiling properly for the first time that night. Richie smiled back. "You are literally just proving my point," he pointed out.
"So what if I am?" Eddie replied.
"Well then we should probably be dating..." Richie said, shooting his shot now before he got too scared later.
"In that case... do you wanna be my boyfriend Rich?"
Richie smiled even wider at that question.
"Do you even have to ask?" He responded before leaning down and pressing a quick kiss to Eddie's lips. Eddie frowned when Richie pulled away, but it quickly disappeared once Richie started playing with his hair again. Eddie closed his eyes and pushed further back into Richie's chest, before eventually falling asleep, forcing Richie to answer all the questions from the others about 'if they'd finally gotten together' that came later in the night by himself. He didn't mind though, as long as he had Eddie.

______________
HELP WTF IS THIS I HATE IT SO MUCH IT'S SO CRINGE EW

i'm only posting this cause i feel super bad for not posting in ages 😩😩

unedited cause i'm tired and i'm going to bed now

oh and this was inspired by a newtmas oneshot i read which was like 100000X better trust me 💀💀