11

3rd person POV

"Stan! Truth or dare?" Beverly shouts across the room, pointing at where Stanley Uris sits uneasily in the circle of kids.
"Oh... umm... truth?" Stan stutters, he really doesn't want to do this.
"Jeez Stan, don't piss yourself!" Richie teases, earning a slap round the head from Eddie and the middle finger from Stan.

"Okay okay, I'll go easy on you, Stan The Man," Beverly raises her hands in mock surrender, "Have you kissed anyone? Other than your family of course."
"No." Stan states firmly.
"Bill. Truth or dare?" He asks.
"D-d-d- dare," Bill smirks, looking confident as always even despite his stutter.

"I dare you to lick the bottom of Ben's shoe," Stan says, a mischievous glint in his eye.
"Ew, ew, ewwww-" Eddie starts, but Richie slaps a hand over his mouth before he can begin lecturing everyone on the millions of diseases that Bill could potentially get from the sole of Ben's shoe.

Ben shifts uncomfortably, removes his trainer and passes it to a disgusted Bill, who quickly sticks out his tongue and licks it. Richie takes his hand away from Eddie's mouth, and Eddie sticks his tongue out at Rich like a little kid, before turning his attention back to the game.

"Hmm..." Bill looks around the circle, but he already knows exactly who he's going to pick. "Eddie. Truth or dare?"
"Dare." Bill smirks at the answer. Now Eddie's scared. He only picked dare to not seem like a chicken in front of Richie... but was that the right choice?

"I dare you to sit on Richie's lap for the rest of the game."
Well that was unexpected. Eddie thinks. Oh fuck. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. Does Bill know? Does Bill know about my crush? To hide his embarrassment, Eddie tries his best to look confused.
"Umm... okay?" Eddie says, moving to sit on Richie's lap.

Richie's cheeks are tinted red, and he moves his arms around Eddie's middle, resting his head on the shorter boy's shoulder. Now it's Eddie's turn to blush, but he doesn't try to stop Richie.

"Mike, truth or dare?"
"Truth," Mike responds.
"If you could have any super power, what would it be?" Eddie asks.
"What kinda truth is that Eds?" Richie scoffs, but Eddie is to distracted by Richie's hot breath on his neck to think of a comeback.

"Mind reading, I guess." Mike shrugs, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "You get to know what people really think. And it would be so easy to cheat on tests!" This results in a laugh from Bev and Ben, before Mike chooses his next victim.

"Richie, truth or dare?"
"Dare. I'm no chicken," Richie replies instantly.
"Fine, if you're 'no chicken' then I dare you to kiss Eddie," Mike says, making Stan snort with laughter.

"Dude what the fuck? Why are all the dares based on us?" Richie asks.
"Are yo-you b-b-being serious r-r-ri-right now?" Bill laughs.
"Oh c'mon guys, you flirt 24/7! We may be losers but we're not blind," Bev says, rolling her eyes.

Both Richie and Eddie turn red in the face, and Richie pulls his arms away from Eddie's middle, at the same time lifting his head off Eddie's shoulder.

Eddie stares at the floor. He has this horrible sinking feeling in his stomach.
See! He thinks. Richie is disgusted just thinking about kissing you. He could never like you. Stop keeping this stupid fantasy of yours alive.

But Richie feels the exact opposite.

He reaches a hand out and turns Eddie's face towards him, slowly leans in and presses their lips together. Their eyes flutter shut, and they kiss for way longer than the dare requires, but neither boys care. They're in pure bliss.

When they do finally pull away, cheeks flushed, they look back at the rest of the Losers. Every expression is the same: pure shock and amazement.

Oh shit. Richie's mind goes into overdrive. I really fucked up this time. We definitely kissed longer than we should have but... Eddie kissed back? Maybe feels the same way as me...

Bev suddenly erupts into laughter.
"What's so funny?" Eddie asks, but embarrassment still seeps into his voice.
"Jeez you two, the dare was to kiss - for like a second - not make out!" Stan exclaims.

"We did NOT make out!" Eddie insists whilst Richie flips Bev off.
"F-f-fine, fine," Bill says, and (much to Richie and Eddie's relief) that's the end of the conversation.

The game continues for a few more rounds, before Eddie announces he has to get home or his Mom will have a heart attack, and Richie says he has to go home for dinner. The rest of the Losers wave them off, and they leave Bill's house together.

"Hey Eds?" Richie asks once they're safely down the road and out of earshot.
"Mhm?"
"Earlier... umm..." Eddie stops walking and looks up at a nervous Richie, nodding for him to continue.
"Did- did you mean to kiss back, or was it just an accident?"
"Oh, I mean..." Eddie looks down and tugs at a loose thread on his sleeve, "y-yeah... I meant to,"

His usual confidence returning, Richie tilts Eddie's head upwards and ducks down slightly, kissing him again. Electricity surges through the two boys from the moment their lips touch, and they both admire how perfectly they seem to fit together. For a second, Richie pulls away slightly and breathes:

"Good."

______________

happy almost halloween!! even with the coronavirus i hope u all have a good time :)

thanks to all the people who have read and commented on all of the chapters, it makes me so happy ☺️

i hope you guys like this one, it's currently 23:37 so who knows it could be shit lmao

I JUST FOUND OUT PENNYWISE X READER EXISTS BYE-