43

eddie POV

I exhale slowly, gazing out of the wide glass window and down at the trees below. Sheets of rain fall outside, the soothing pitter patter of drops bouncing off my roof and the soft exhale of mine and Richie's breaths the only sounds in the otherwise deadly silent night. I watch through half closed eyes as the thin branches of damp fur trees sway outside in the wind. I trail my gaze upwards to the slither of moon just peeking out of grey-black clouds. That and the scattering of stars provide the only light which shines into my bedroom, illuminating Richie's face in a stunningly beautiful way.

The sky is reflected in his hazel irises and the moonlight shimmers on his pale skin, accentuating the splatter of freckles running across his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. He has his knees tucked under his chin - same as me - and his arms wrapped loosely around them, Hawiian shirt trailing off his shoulders.

Sensing my eyes on him, Richie turns his head towards me and smiles at the blush forming on my cheeks, but instead of destroying it with some your mom joke like always he lets it be, us simply enjoying each other's company. I force myself to tear away my gaze, successfully ruining the moment, and return to looking out the back window we are both sitting in front of.

Disappointment is clearly evident in Richie's voice as he sighs defeatedly, and I immediately feel bad. The one time he decides to be serious and I can't handle the tension. When has tension ever stopped me before? With that thought in mind, I shuffle closer to Richie until our sides are pressed together, and I lean my head on his shoulder without another word. I feel him tense under me, but he quickly relaxes into it. After a while, he lifts his arm and drapes it over my shoulders, absentmindedly tracing delicate patterns and shapes onto my back.

I smile and nuzzle further into his neck, his fluffy dark curls itching my skin ever so slightly. I breath in his scent, an addictive smell of cigarettes and washing powder, and allow my eyes to flutter closed. I quickly become completely lost in the moment, completely enveloped by Richie, Richie, Richie. I feel myself begin to drift away, the pull of sleep slowly becoming to powerful, and although I never want this moment to cease I eventually give in and let it take me. Just as I'm about to fully loose consciousness, I feel Richie gently intertwine his warm hand with my cool one.

"I just want to be the one you love," He breathes.

_______________

inspired by that song 'i just want to be the one you love' on tiktok :))

if u couldn't tell already, i rlyyyy like description XD

ty for 15k reads and 600 votes!