Part 9

Disclaimer: I made up Charles Booth, but if someone has already used the name or idea (to your knowledge), please let me know and I'll change it. Charles Booth is the only character I take credit for.

Jays's POV:

"Sarge. Sarge!" I yell. "Sarge, Booth has Hailey!"

"Okay, so now we have to pinpoint the location and quick, because we know how dangerous he is. Do whatever it takes." We all nod and start immediately. I can barely write or type, my hands are shaking so badly, but I'm not about to stop now.

"Do you think we should check the old warehouse Booth used?" Adam asks.

"No," I say. "Booth's too smart to use the same spot twice."

Adam nods. "Okay."

"Hey, it says that after Booth left prison he went to stay with a guy called Charles Booth, supposedly his brother. And he has a LKA." Kevin says.

"Let's hit it." Voight says, and I hurry the most out of everyone to get ready and leave. 

Hailey's POV:

It's been such a long time that I've been in Booth's basement. I'm so hungry and thirsty and tired. I hear someone open the door and walk down the stairs, and I panic, thinking it's Booth, and that my time has come. Instead I see someone I don't recognize. "Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Charles Booth." He says.

"Booth?" I asked confused.

"Yes, his brother. He had to skip town because the cops are onto him." I must have looked relieved because he added, "But I'm here to finish what he started." He pulled out a switchblade and looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes.

"You know, you ruined my brother's life and legacy," Charles says, "And now you're going to pay the price." I close my eyes, waiting for the inevitable pain about to come.

"Drop the blade and put your hands up!" I hear a familiar voice yell, and my eyes fly open to see Jay standing at the top of the stairs, gun in hand. He moves his way slowly down the stairs towards Charles, keeping his gun aimed at him. "I said drop it!" He yells even louder, and Charles finally drops the switchblade. Kevin handcuffs Charles while Jay runs straight towards me, cutting the ropes binding me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest.

"Hails, are you okay?" He asks, evidently very worried.

"Jay . . ." Is the only thing I manage to whisper before I pass out.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Also someone cyberattacked my school so RIP my online classes. Enjoy your weekend all.