Part 8

General POV:

Hailey isn't answering any of Jay's calls. He starts to panic just as Voight walks in, "Jay, what's wrong? Where's Hailey?"

"I don't know," Jay says, trying not to hyperventilate. "She hasn't showed up here and she won't answer her phone!"

"Perhaps her flight got delayed and she can't answer her phone because of airplane mode?" Voight still had no idea Hailey flew in yesterday.

"No, she flew in yesterday, came early to surprise us." Kevin explained, and Jay nodded.

"Yeah, we all saw her yesterday and I saw her this morning." He says.

"Okay, well, we have to find her. Start by seeing if you can ping her phone, then check any security cameras. The ones outside Jay's building, even the ones at the airport. This person obviously knew she was coming home early and what time her flight was." Voight orders, and the team gets on it right away.

Hailey's POV:

I don't know how long it's been since . . . Told me I'm in hell now and left. It could be an hour, a few hours, perhaps even several. All I want is for the team to find me really soon and for Jay to hold me in his strong, muscular arms and never let me go.

Jay's POV:

So far we've got nothing. We can't ping Hailey's phone. The security footages from outside my building and inside the airport is useless. Nobody can think of any reason why Hailey would just leave.

"Hey, I got something!" Kim yells. "Someone followed Hailey outside the airport." She zooms in on their face and I almost collapse. It's Booth.

Sorry I didn't mention Booth earlier but I wanted to foreshadow it. Hope y'all liked this chapter. Also wish me luck the rough draft of my essay for English class is due tomorrow 😭  and I haven't started it yet 😬.