Part 6

Jay's POV:

I buzz myself  into the precinct and walk up the stairs. Everyone's staring at me. 

"Where's Hailey?" Kim asks, obviously suggesting something.

"How would I know?" I reply as I walk to my desk.

"She didn't come in with you?" Kim says, now worried. "She said that she was going to go to your place last night to surprise you. Did she not show up?"

"No, she did, but I haven't seen her since earlier this morning. I just assumed that she was late." Now worried out of my mind, I grab my phone to call her. 

"You saw her this morning? Does that mean she stayed at your place last night?" Says Adam. I don't respond as I'm calling Hailey, silently begging for her to pick up her phone and tell me she's okay.

Hailey's POV:

My ears are ringing loudly as I come to, wondering what the hell happened. I vaguely remember being attacked, but I don't remember anything after that. I probably hit my head hard. I reach my arm around and touch the back of my head, feeling a warm liquid. I pull my hand away and see blood, go figure. I look at my surroundings. I'm in a dark basement, no windows so I can't tell the time of day. There are rickety stairs against one wall, and a shelf against the opposite. I sit, tied to a pole in the middle. I immediately think about Jay, how worried he must be. How stupid I was to leave. I had my suitcase, I could've gotten fresh clothes from there. I could've gone to breakfast with him, unpacked later that day. If I hadn't been so stupid, I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I look down at the floor, hating myself, and I start to cry.

"Hailey," a voice says, supposedly sweet, but it makes me sick to my stomach. I know that voice. I look up to see . . . 

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)