Pictures of You (Part II)

Magnus puts a blanket over his unconscious sister then goes to sit next to his mother over on the other couch across.

"Could you not surprise me like that again? You just suddenly summoned a demon on the premises! I hate surprises." Magnus mutters the last part.

"Since when? I recall when you were a child, you would always surprise me with flowers or a birthday breakfast. You were so adorable!" She pinches his cheek and he pulls it away. "And it's not like we're on shadowhunter territory right now. You would protect me... Always such a mama's boy!"

"I'm far from being a boy. Look at me."

"Okay, you're an old man now." He rolls her eyes at her comment. "...You knew that Patience gave Valak my memories, didn't you?"

He sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Hmm, have to admit. That was a nice trick, making me think she had my memories when she gave them to a memory demon."

"...How did you even know?"

"Future me told me."

"You... You mean time travel?"

"Something like that... A while back, I started having these visions of people close to me dying and there was this voice that was warning me on what to prevent... Turns out it was my future self. Guess it was a new spell that future me created so that she could talk to me."

"...What did you give up for in exchange? I know that demon asked for a memory of your beloved. So what was it?"

"...My past father... Azazel. Not sure which one but it had something from when I was a child."

"Not a bad deal. He was a stupid demon anyway." She chuckles as he places his hand on her knee. "...You know that she's going to ask why couldn't let it go."

"It's a good thing that I didn't... I have to go back to New Orleans, Magnus."

"May I ask why?"

"...Because I have a little sister."

Kol strikes a demon with his sword, killing it instantly.

"Nice work. For someone who hasn't been a shadowhunter in a thousand years, you still got it." Alec says as he joins him.

"Thank you... It's a nice feeling. It sorta fills in the void of me craving the magic that I lost before I became a vampire."

"You were a prodigy, right?"

"Yes. I was the only one out of my siblings to tap into my magic. It made me feel so alive... But when I lost it, I hated it. I felt like I lost a part of myself."

"...How about now? I mean it's nice seeing Magnus and Patience so happy. I can tell they missed Ariel a lot but they never got to meet you until now. But it's obvious how much they love you both."