Prologue

A young Ariel walks with a man, holding his hand but she is unable to see his face

"Daddy, where are we going?" A curious Ariel asks.

"I'm taking you to a new place my little sunshine." Her father tells her but Ariel notices as his grip on her hand tightens.

"Is it a nice place?"

"It is..." The man stops them both from walking and bends down to her level, pulling her into a hug. "Ariel even though you'll forget me, I want you to always remember that I love you."

"Daddy, I could never ever forget you! You're my number one!"

Sadness can be heard from the man's voice as he holds onto his daughter tighter. "You're my number one too, sunshine."

The now grown up Ariel is woken up from her sleep by her older sister, Caroline Forbes.

"Have that dream again?"

"Yeah... It's been a month since I started having that dream" giving her sister a sad smile.

"Hey, we're going to find him. You're not alone in this." Caroline hugs Ariel, trying to give her reassurance. "Do you know how excited I was when mom brought you home and told me I have a little sister?" Caroline says smiling. 

"How could I forget? You were jumping with joy." Ariel chuckles and then begins fidgeting. "But..." 

"What?"

"What if I was made to forget? In my dream, my dad clearly didn't want to let me go and that I was going to forget him."

"Wait do you mean compulsion? Ariel, you can't be serious!"

"But what if it's possible?"

My name is Ariel Forbes and as you can guess, I'm adopted. I don't know what my real last name is or where I really came from. All I remember is Elizabeth brought me home one day and I officially became part of the Forbes family. I  recently started have this dream about my dad whose face I can never see. Something is trying to prevent me from remembering but I'm trying to break through it so I can find out the truth who I really am.

My life in Mystic Falls was normal until the Salvatore brothers show up. Elena started dating Stefan leaving Matt completely heartbroken which left me to comfort him. She also began to have feelings for the man whose become like a big brother to me, Damon. Don't get me wrong I love Elena but I hate that she's leading both these guys on and won't choose. Either choose or let them both go. My sister ended up becoming a vampire and I was there for her every step up the way to let her know I'll always have her back. And I know I should hate Katherine but I can't help but feel sorry for her because of what she had been through. I visited her every day she was in the tomb to give her blood and just talk to her. Even Klaus likes me because I got spunk because I stood up against him and always protected my friends from him. Matt also looks out for me due to us being the only humans in the Mystic Falls Gang.

Right now I prepare myself as Damon is taking me to a dinner party and letting me in on the plan of undaggering the rest of the original family.

So get ready for this story of my life in Mystic Falls and how I fall in love with Kol Mikaelson.