"Are you sure you're over him?" Aiden asks instantly, thankfully no one hears as everyone was listening to Cole's instructions.

"Justin?" I question confused.

"No, Bob The Builder," Aiden replies, giving me a deadpanned look.

I laugh at his words but reply anyway; "yeah, I have been for a while."

Aiden goes to say something but Cole interrupts us; "alright Emily, since you're ignoring my instructions on how to use the gear, how about I demonstrate on you."

I freeze, what the hell?! Unlike a scolding voice a teacher would use on their student, Coles voice almost seems pleased, but in a sadistic way.

Slowly I walk over to him. Everyone notices my hesitance but no one makes a move to help me. Everyone looks just as shocked as I was.

"You'll need to be in your swimmers for this, please undress." He smiles.

I freeze once again. What the fuck?!

"Sorry bro, unfortunately, it was me who was distracting her, so I have to insist I take her place," Aiden interjects and my breath returns. Aiden, my knight in shining armor.

"Don't bother mate, she's up here now," Cole replies, the same sadistic smile covering his face.

"No, I insist, wouldn't want to break any codes of conduct or show any inequality now would we?" This time Aiden makes it extremely obvious that he knows exactly what Cole is doing, and his words were indeed a threat. Cole clenches his jaw but submits, he mumbles a quick fine and allows Aiden to take my place. I look at Aiden as we pass and he winks at me, making me smile.

"What a fucking creep," Charlie whispers to me as I sit beside her. I agree with her but laugh when I see Aiden making it as difficult as possible for Cole. I definitely owed Aiden after this.

***

The snorkeling trip today was absolutely beautiful!! It was hard at the beginning though because it seemed like James, Justin, and maybe even Aiden were all vying for my attention. As much as I wanted Aiden's attention, I'm pretty sure he was only doing it because of some alpha male status thing. Both Justin and James wanted my attention, and Aiden wanted to prove that we were the closest to boost his ego. I ended up spending most of the time with Charlie, and I was glad. It gave me a chance to just enjoy the ocean life. I stayed in the ocean for as long as possible so I wouldn't have to deal with Cole as well and I was sure he had noticed.

We had just gotten back to the dock. I hadn't even put my clothes back on yet but I was sure I had gotten a tan, either that or sunburn was suddenly a golden color. Charlie, however, had gotten burnt. I had always been lucky with my skin, I never burnt and always tanned but obviously, this was not a gene Charlie and I both had inherited. 10 minutes in the sun and I would tan, 10 minutes in the sun for Charlie and she'd look as red as my face always seemed to be around Aiden.

"Avoiding me Collins?" I feel a presence behind me. He was so close that I could feel the body heat radiating off his bare chest.

Aiden.

Charlie smiles at me before she walks away and towards a grinning Toby, leaving Aiden and me alone.

"Maybe," I smile back, half-jokingly.

Aiden smirks at me; "and why would that be?"

In a sudden burst of confidence, I look Aiden straight in the eye; "because I'm sick of being the prize in some twisted game."

Aiden looks at me confused before he smirks even wider; "you noticed that?"

I give him a pointed look and he puts his hands up in surrender, his smirk not faltering in the slightest; "I can't help the fact you're so beautiful."